Book of Royals

EP.5

We are both on the ground with our bodies touching gently, as my back weights on his muscular chest. I could feel him getting flustered. His heart began beating harder and harder, mine too. It was about to jump out of my chest in anytime, but his strong arms were wrapped around me, not letting it happen. His broad shoulders were my shelter. They felt rock hard, but very comfortable to lay in. My gown was spread all over the floor, looking magnificent, just like in the movies.

I slowly turn my head up, thinking I would see someone familiar, but the only thing I was able to glimpse were his sharp eyebrows and soft but fearless brown eyes. We stayed like that for a second, completely forgetting about the world. It’s like it was me, him, and no one else. I quickly snap out of it as I try to get up, but my dress was totally refusing. I struggled to grab it while the handsome man was still sitting on the ground, looking confused. He helped me pick it up once he stood on his feet.

*Well…that was definitely something.*

“Who are you?”– he stunningly expressed.

“I-I am…”

 But before I could explain, he cut me off saying:

“You must be Jin’s wife, huh? I knew he never had taste in anything, but damn he doesn’t even have taste in women hahahaha-.”

*ARE THEY ALL THIS FREAKING RUDE!*

“Listen here you big tiddie brat,” - I yelled as I got closer to him, - “I never intended to be kidnapped and live here in this miserable palace with not-so-well-mannered people. So please, act more nicely. Are you his brother or something?”

“Y-yes…“- he stuttered.

“It shows! Which one of the seven?”

“I’m Prince Kim Nam-joon, so please address me more politely!” – he confidently said.

“Whatever… PRINCE Namjoon” – I mocked.

“What are you doing here anyways? Shouldn’t you be with Jin?”

“I was taking a good look around the place, then I stumbled over this room. Why is it illegal for me to be in here? Are you just going to keep me in a closed basement until I become the queen?”

“Hahahaha-, well that won't happen any time soon so don’t worry,” - he jokingly said, - “what were you trying to reach?”

“Just… a book.”

“Yeah, that book was a photo album of the royal family.”

“It looked more like a notebook, but sure.” - I mumbled while rolling my eyes.

“Well, would you mind grabbing it for me?”

“Yes, I would mind.”

*OMG he is getting on my nerves now*

“Just reach for it.” – he laughed.

“You know how that will end up. Oh, and this time you might catch a heel in your face…You see I don't really wear heels that much, so please can you just lend it to me nicely?”

“Okay okay! No need to be so violent about it.”

I watch him as he grabs the photo album from the highest shelf. His arms look well-formed too, he must work out a lot.

“Here you go!”

“Thank you,” - I said in a mocking tone, -  “well... aren’t you going to show me your family?”

“Shouldn't Jin be the one to do that?”

“Jin is not here anyways! Just teach me your names at least, so I can recognize each brother.”

“I have work to do, figure it out yourself!”

“And by work you mean reading ‘After’ and singing ‘Expensive girl’ out loud?” – I say as I let out a laugh.

“Yes…” – he uncomfortably confessed.

“It won't take long, please!”

“I’m only doing this because you are close to Jin, ok?”

“I’m definitely not close to that jerk!”

“Be careful with your mouth young lady! As much as I hate him, he is still my older brother.”

“Awww…should I feel bad now?”

“Let's get this over with, because I’m loosing too much of my precious time with someone like you.” – he said as he started pointing fingers on the album, teaching me his brothers’ names.

They all were really charming, but most likely spoiled.

“My father, the king of Busan, has had two wives. His first wife, queen Kim So-yeon, was the mother of mine, Jin, Yoon-gi and Ho-seok. After she passed out due to cancer, he married queen Lee Ji-ah, who is the mother of Ji-min, Jung-kook and Tae-hyung. Queen Lee Ji-ah got stabbed in the back and died one month after marriage.”

“That's really sad! Did you catch the person who did it?”

“Yes!...He is with queen Lee Ji-ah and mother now.”

*Well, I definitely did not think that through.*

“So please don't do anything stupid if you don't want to end up like him!”

“Got it! I’ll be the perfect wife.” – I said nervously.

He started smiling and laughing. I couldn't stop staring at his small dimples on his cheeks. His laugh was adorable too. Moments like this made me feel like he wasn't the worst person to be around with.