Pierced Heart

We stood like that for a minute while the wine started dripping on the floor, making the carpet wet. Jin looked uncomfortable with the energy we created in the room. Seoyun was looking straight into my eyes, ready to cause a scene.

"HOW DARE YOU!" – she said.

"Oh dear, my delicate hands! I'm sorry, your dress seems to be ruined, too!" – I replied to her.

"That's enough!" – said Jin in a loud tone, - "Maids! Take Y/n to her room and give her some new clothes! Seoyun, you go change too! I'll let you know if I need something."

Lina and Rose came in and took me back to my room. I leave devastated as I watched Jin continue eating.

*Great! Now I can't even enjoy the food!*

"What happened? – Lina asked.

"That wench spilled wine all over me for no reason, so I did the same thing on her!" – I explained.

"Be careful around her! This is not the first time something like this has happened." – said Rose.

"What do you mean?"

"There was this foreign girl named Quen who used to study in the same school as Jin. They used to have classes together and were really close to each other. Seoyun always felt jealous about their relationship, so she made her move to her old school back again." – Lina expressed.

"You see, she is the daughter of the master chef here and the king and him are like brothers, so they used to hang out everyday together. Seoyun has liked prince Jin for a long time. Although it is pretty obvious, prince Jin has never noticed it."

"That jerk probably knows, but he just chooses to ignore it! What did she do to Quen though?"

"She used to bully her a lot. One day she read Quen's suicidal notes in front of the whole class."

"Once she cut her own hair and blamed it on the poor girl."

"She also made fun of her skin color, while using racial slurs. Quen couldn't keep up with her anymore, so just chose to move back to California. I wonder if she is doing ok now."

"She has serious mental problems, what?" – I said angrily.

"We know...She only got to be prince Jin's secretary because the chef and the king are close. She never studied her whole life."

...

After I got changed to some basic blue jeans and a crop top, I left my room and headed towards the dining room again, hoping I would see Jin there because I was starving. I notice him as I enter the dining area.

Before I got to sit down he opened his mouth and said:

"Would you care to explain what you just did?"

"I did what needed to be done! That brat you call your secretary spilled the wine intentionally, so I gave her a taste of her own medicine."

"You have a big mouth, don't you? It's the first
time I meet a girl this rude!"

"You have no room to talk, PRINCE JIN! You
are the one who dragged me into this mess, remember?"

"Should I call the guards to send you back where I found you, looking drunk because you got kicked off your dad's house? Do you want to live on the streets? Last time I checked, your dad was the only family member you have here! You know, you might hate on your father but you both are the same! You both are alcoholic freaks who hate the same woman that left for apparent reasons!"

My heart dropped to the floor when I heard those words. My anxiety started to kick back in, leaving me with no energy. Tears fell down from my face tenderly as I replayed what he said in my head repeatedly. My biggest insecurity was standing right in front of me, sucking the heat off my body, leaving me ice cold.

"You are such A JERK JIN!"- I said as I left, running away from the dining room.

I tried to come back to my senses as I splashed water on my face, but I could still hear what he said. My biggest fear growing up was the feeling that I would become the same as father. That's why I used to never be around him, that's why I used to be at Jakie's all the time, because I feared I would pick up his bad habits. It seemed like it didn't work though ... I had become daddy's daughter.

I left the bathroom, looking like a mess. I needed to calm my nerves but the only thing that came into my mind was drinking. As I walked down the hall like a real misguided ghost, I heard some clicking sounds. It looked like it was coming from a room upstairs, so I just followed it.

As I opened the big doors, I see a bunch of people sword-fighting. It seemed like they were fencing. I notice two boys moving so delicately but fast at the same time.

I go in thinking this could take my mind off that jerk.

"Are you a new student here?" – a man said.

I couldn't see his face because he had that long full-body white suit they wear, but he looked rather... short.

"N-no, I just came here to clear my mind off something."

"Oh! Would you like to try it then?"

"Can I?"

"If you want to then yes, why not?"

"But I have never done this and it seems like it's only guys here."

"I am a teacher so I will go easy on you, don't worry."

"Ok then."

I get changed into a fencing costume and enter a long area. He started to give me instructions on how to hold the sword which was called an "Epee" apparently, how to move my hands, my body and the basic rules of fencing.

"Ok, we can kick it off now...what do you think?" – he said.

"Y-yes, I think I got it."

We began the first round. He was definitely holding back, but I tried to do my best. What he explained to me truly paid off as I made him fall on the floor.

"There is no way I actually won!" – I said.

"Hahaha, you did excellent!"

I finally recovered from Jin's harsh words, but out of nowhere I felt my chest banging like crazy. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I dropped to the ground, while barely breathing.

"Hey! Hey! Are you ok?" – the guy asked.

I rolled my eyes as I passed out. The guy carried me on his back, while rushing to the hospital.

...

I was laying unconsciously on a hospital's bed for a while. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a man's figure standing beside me.

It was...

"Yoon-gi??"