Hidden gem

We could hear the music fading, but we continued dancing, heads on each-other's shoulder. For a moment I felt out of this world, like I was on cloud 9, dancing with angels as everyone else watched in amazement. I quickly snapped out of it when Ji-min coughed once or twice.

"Well, took you long enough!" - Ji-min said.

Jakie and I stared into each-other's eyes and let out a small laugh.

"I feel like I should go now. I need to get ready for tomorrow. Plus, I'll move here so I have to pack up my stuff." – Jakie spoke.

"Ok then I guess, I will escort you out of the palace." – Ho-seok said.

"No need! I'll escort him myself. Thank you, we had a great time!" – I told them.

"Oh we had a great time, too! We'll be here so you can come anytime you want."

"Will definitely do! See you!"

Me and Jackie leave the room and began wondering around the palace again before we said our goodbyes. We crossed the graceful paining in the hall again. That painting had been on my mind for a long time.

"Hey, do you think this is one of Jung-kook's painting?" – I said.

"I don't know, but I don't think so. Prince Jung-kook likes to use darker colours in his paintings. He used to buy a lot of umber brown, sapphire blue, seaweed green and byzantium purple. I think those are his favourites." – Jakie explained.

"Oh, I see. Maybe it's just a painting they bought with their overflowing money. This simple painting could be more than 10 million dollars." – I joked.

"That is actually 100 million dollars you uncultured swine!"

I heard a woman's voice from the end of the hall.

"The one and only,
Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul made it during the 1st civil war here. Each stroke tells a story, but I guess your slow-minded brain couldn't think of that."

I turned my head slowly to see who this person was. It was Jin's secretary, Seoyun. She was dressed head over heels with diamonds, screaming rich from far away. She dripped in money as she started walking towards us.

"Who is she and why is she wearing all that? Is there a wedding happening in the castle?" – Jakie said.

"No, she just loves attention. She is Jin's whor-, I mean, Jin's secretary."

"Get out of my way! Jin asked me out on a date and I can't let him wait for long. – she proudly expressed.

"Jakie could you find it?"

"Find what?"

"Find who asked..."

"You peasant are just jealous, now move!"

"Hahaha, you know it's really funny because I will be crowned as the queen one day, with Jin on my side as my husband. Now who is the real 'peasant', tell me?"

"Whatever!"

She scoffed as she walked away, stomping her 8-inch heels on the floor.

"What was that!?" – Jakie asked.

"I just can't stand delusionals! But that's a conversation for another day. You have to go now, don't you?"

"Yeah. I will come back though. As prince Jung-kook's personal assistant."

"Ok-ok we get it! Now go!" – I smiled.

We hugged once more before he left. I watched him as he walked away from the palace, that's when Rose and Lina appeared. They seemed to be holding some type of heavy boxes in their hands. Before they could see me, I hid under a big statue, staring intensely. My curiosity made me stalk them as they led me into a messy room with lots of drawings. They looked like clothes drawings. I watched from afar as they laid the big boxes down in a wooden table. A man's shadow appeared, standing in front of them.

"Here you go! These are the things you asked us to pick up. The other box will arrive tomorrow. What will you be making this time?" – Lina said.

The man opened his mouth and said:

"It's a secret."

His voice was hardly unnoticeable. It was so deep, but also really sweet at the same time.

I sneaked in the room, but before I could make another move, his hard chest hit my head.

*Damn, I got caught! What will I do now?*

I tried to avoid eye contact, keeping my head down. That's when I noticed his bare feet. I couldn't stand it. It made me feel like a creep, so I raised my head slowly. That's when I finally looked at his face... it was Tae-hyung.

"How did you get in here?!" - The maids said.

"I stalked-, I mean, I followed you here because I was curious. I'm sorry I should leave and let you guys-"

Before I could continue my sentence a deep almost old voice came from downstairs.

"Tae-hyung!"

"It's father!"- Tae-hyung whispered.

"Wait, that's the king-"

Tae-hyung grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me into his closet. He covered my mouth with his hand, telling me to be quiet. His small closet was suffocating me, as Tae-hyung was taking more the half of the space. He had his hand against the closet's wall while our bodies were practically squeezing. I could feel his hot breath on my neck, tingling me a little...