Closeted affection

"O-our highness, what are you doing here without your wheelchair? You know what the doctors said... you should be resting!"

" You must be looking for Prince Tae-hyung but he left a while ago." – Lina lied, trying to not make it obvious.

"Oh- I see, than say to him to meet me when he comes back. And tell him to rip these stupid drawings, I can't stand it!" – The king furiously said.

"Will do, our highness!" – Rose said as they both bowed down.

We stood in the closet like that for a hot minute, until we couldn't hear any sounds coming from outside. I heard the king's footsteps slowly fading away, but that's not where my mind was.

*I can't process what just happened. Although I'm not complaining!*

Tae-hyung was getting flustered. Before I couldn't control myself, I slightly opened the closet's doors, peeking through the small gap.

"They are gone now. We can come out." – I explained as I fully opened the closet's doors.

"O-oh, Ok!"

"Why were we hiding in the first place?"

I could see his face darkening.

"I-it's just- Father doesn't really like it when he sees me drawing. Especially fashion designs!" – Tae-hyung explained.

"Oh- why? They look very good?" – I asked in confusion.

"The king is worried that Prince Tae-hyung will end up like Prince Yoon-gi. He says the drawings are going to get to Prince Tae's head and stop him from becoming the next potential king." – Lina said.

"But these lovely ladies have been helping all along! They get the packages with the materials I need and carry them here."

"It's nothing really! We love his work!" – Rose blushingly said.

"I'm sorry- I shouldn't have come here like this!" – I expressed in a guilty tone.

I felt bad for Tae-hyung. My father never liked when I painted either. He used to tell me to always make money so he could spend it on his drinking addiction.

"It's ok! I heard from Jin that you like to draw, too. Well, paint but still... would you like to take a look?"

"Can I?"

"Of course!" – He said with a wide smile appearing his face.

"We will leave for now, than. If you need something Prince Tae, call us anytime." – Rose said.

"Thank you, ladies!"

They left me and Tae-hyung alone in his room.

"So... what are you working on?"

He pulled out a big album full with outfit designs.

"Oh lord... this is a lot!"

"Hehe- well it's an unfinished winter collection. I still need to add a lot more!"

"You like designing, don't you?"

"Y-yes I do."

"If you like it, than do it! The king has no rights to take your talent away from you! Plus, this looks amazing! I would love wearing any of these. I can't choose!"

He started getting closer to me.

"Thank you!" – He said as he patted my head, - " I needed it!"

I could feel my heart beating faster.

"I-it's nothing!" – I stutterly said.

We spent the rest of the day looking at the designs. I was memorized by his detailed sketches. Each drawing had something different. It looked like he liked blue very much, because he used it almost in each design.

The time was passing fast, without us noticing. That's when I woke up in his bed, realizing we slept together. I blinked once or twice, thinking it was just a dream. I heard a slight sigh coming from the other side of the bed. It was Tae-hyung...