Shattered Perception

6 years ago

"Tubbo, stop!" Tommy giggles, shoving his best friend away from him. Tubbo cackles and points a stick towards Tommy, with a bumblebee at the end of it.

"It's not gonna hurt you!" he exclaims.

"That's what you said last time!"

"That doesn't count, the bee only stung you because you tried to put it on your head! Using your bare hands!"

"My point still stands," Tommy huffs, grinning proudly and crossing his arms. Tubbo sighs and gives the stick a little wave, and the bee flies away. "I don't understand why you like bees so much," Tommy says, watching the bee go to the nearest dandelion.

"They're cute, and fuzzy, and nice," Tubbo replies giddily. He looks around and leans towards Tommy, whispering in his ear. "It feels like they understand me." 

Tommy's eyes widen and he leans back, staring at Tubbo. "Woahhhh," he gasps.

"Uh-huh," Tubbo nods, grinning cheekily from ear to ear.

"How do you know?" Tommy asks.

Tubbo begins to answer, but is cut off from a distant shout. "Boys, dinner's ready!" Phil calls, and Tommy looks over at Tubbo with a mischievous glint in his eye.

Before Tubbo could even say anything, Tommy taps him and jumps to his feet. "Tag, you're it!" he shouts, and begins to sprint across the meadow back to the house.

The family lives in a house near the edge of the meadow along the forest, which Phil discovered, fixed up and added onto. Tommy pants as he races to the house, Tubbo falling behind him. Tommy beats Tubbo home without a doubt. Tubbo eventually catches up to him, and Tommy laughs and holds out his hand to high five him. "No way," Tubbo pants, and he lightly and jokingly punches Tommy's shoulder. "Tag," he mocks, and they go inside together.

Phil and Wilbur are already sitting at the table, while Techno carries the food over to the table. Tommy and Tubbo sit down next to each other and look down at the dinner in front of them, a bowl of mushroom soup and bread. Tommy digs in immediately after Techno places down his meal, to which Phil responds with a smile and clears his throat. Tommy looks up and slowly lowers his spoon. "Sorry, Phil," he apologizes, but Phil just waves it off.

"Nowww you can eat," Phil says as Techno sits down, and Tommy goes right back to stuffing his face. Everyone laughs, and begin to eat much more politely than Tommy. "How were your guys' days?" Phil asks.

"Iw wa goo," Tommy mumbles through a mouthful of bread.

"Haven't you ever heard of chewing," Wilbur jokes. Tommy rolls his eyes, and Tubbo laughs, earning him a kick to the shin from Tommy. 

"It was good," Tubbo says for Tommy. "I found a bee!"

"Oh, that's cool!" Phil says.

"Yeah, I got it to land on a stick."

Wilbur chimes in. "Techno, did you see I left you a book on your desk?"

"Oh yeah, I'll check it out," Techno replies, and he looks over at Phil and starts rambling about how he got rid of some zombie infestation in the forest. Meanwhile, Tommy nudges Tubbo and mimics Techno, making exaggerated grumpy faces as he poorly lip syncs. Tubbo chokes back laughter, but like a balloon, eventually the pressure builds up, and he pops, bursting out cackling. Wilbur joins in, and Techno turns around and sees Tommy's impression.

"Hey!" he shouts, and smiles at Tommy in a scheming manner. Tommy gulps as his brother lunges forward and begins to ruffle his already messy hair. Tommy laughs and attempts to escape by slipping under the table, but Techno grabs him and pulls him onto his feet, making fits as if they're about to fight. Tommy pounces, and despite being significantly larger than Tommy, Techno pretends that his brother was strong enough to knock him over, and watches as Tommy throws up his hands proudly and does a little victory dance.