Fathers and Sons

yeah it's been a hot minute. im rly sorry for how long this took, ive been busy and my writers block has been rly bad and all that fun stuff. anyways im currently listening to everywhere at the end of time so ha angst mode enabled.. so yeah. e n j o y. oh also here's sbi's present-day ages in this fic, just for context (not their actual canon ages)

Phil: he's immortal so like 800? idk the exact, just know he's very old. but physically, he's 35-ish
Wilbur:  26 (fundy ages faster cuz hes not human soo yeah)
Techno: 25 (rip to the Wilbur/Techno twin hc, but im build different)
Tommy: 16
Tubbo: 16 (few weeks younger than Tommy cuz it just makes more sense for the characters idk)

11 Years Ago

"Phil, someone's at the door!" Techno calls, not looking up from the book in his hand. Phil walks over from the kitchen, glancing through the window on the front door.

"What the fuck," he mumbles, and Techno looks up curiously. 

"Who is it?" Phil bends down, and Techno scurries next to him and gasps.

Phil looks around outside again, before looking back down at the box on the doorstep. "Somebody just left him here," he thinks aloud.

"Who are you?" asks the little boy, sitting in a box on the doorstep. He clings onto a small, dirty bee plush, and a scrappy green piece of fabric. 

"I'm Phil, and this is my student, Techno. Did somebody leave you here?"

The boy gets up, standing in the box in front of them. "Yeah, I dunno where he went though. I was looking at that," he answers, pointing a finger at the rose bushes in front of the house.

"Convenient," Techno scoffs.

"Give the kid some slack, he's like, four."

"No!" the boy snaps. "I'm five!" He holds out five fingers, rage sweeping across his face.

"Oh, sorry. He's five," Phil corrects. "Is there, like, a note or something?" he mumbles, foraging around the box.

The boy pulls a folding up piece of paper out of his overall pocket and hands it to Phil. "Here you go. My papa told me to give this to you." Phil takes the note and reads it under his breath.

"Phil, I'm hoping this reaches you. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but things have been rough recently, and I don't think I can keep doing this. Last time I wrote to you, my son had just been born. I thought I could take care of him, but I clearly can't. His name is Tubbo. Please, all I ask is that you don't raise him as your own son. That sounds shitty, but I'll be back for him when I'm ready, and I don't want to lose my shot at having a son. Even if I missed a few years.
      -Schlatt

Christ that man's handwriting is terrible." Phil adds.

"Why do you guys look like that?" Tubbo asks, staring glossy-eyed at Techno and Phil.

"How do you mean?" Phil asks.

"You have wings. Like a birdy. And he looks like a piggy."

Phil laughs, but Techno just glares down at the toddler in front of him. "I don't like the child," he growls.

"Oh, chill out. You're, like, only twice his age," Phil scoffs.

Techno rolls his eyes and goes back in the house, curling back up with his book. "He's weird," Tubbo remarks. "Why is he a piggy?" And why is he so grumpy?"

"Well, have you ever heard of a piglin?" Tubbo shakes his head. "Well, he's part pig and part human. He can change to be more human, or to be more pig. And he's not always that grumpy. It's only sometimes."