The Gaps

Tommy groans as his eyes flutter open, and he jerks up out of bed with a gasp. "Tommy!" Wilbur exclaims, and he rushes to the side of the bed. Techno darts over from the other side of the room and kneels down next to them.

"Tommy, it's ok, we're here," Techno reassures, and Tommy eases back slightly, but still looks around suspiciously.

"Do you want to tell us what happened?" Wilbur asks, and Tommy looks down at his lap, taking deep and shaky breaths.

"Up until now, I just knew flashes of what's happened to me. I only saw glimpses, there was never really any context to the bad shit. I just knew it was bad. Well, you were telling me about what you remembered, Wilbur, and I think it was you talking about saltwater or some shit like that that triggered it. And all of the gaps got filled in."

"So do you remember everything?" Techno asks.

"No, just the context to all of the flashbacks I've had. I first remembered being underwater. Then it almost seemed to zoom out as I remembered being exiled, and in an instant I felt everything."

"You... 'felt everything'?"

"I don't know how to explain it," Tommy sighs, then suddenly stares at Techno as he's hit with a sudden realization. "You fucking traitor!" he shouts.

"Tommy, calm yourself, please," Wilbur says, distressed, as he reaches to hand Tommy some blue.

"I swear to fucking god don't tell me to 'calm down!' I don't need blue or anything! Don't you remember what he did to us? Remember the festival, the war, anything? Why don't you care?"

"Tommy, I'm sorry-"

"Oh, you prick, don't tell me you're 'sorry'. You're only sorry for yourself!" Tommy gets out of bed and storms out of the cabin, not knowing where he's going, only that he needs to get away. The snow, which just that morning felt so serene, now just pisses Tommy off as his feet sizzle. He doesn't try to avoid it, though. He doesn't hover, or tread lightly, he just stomps across the field with a million thoughts racing through his head.

"That's not good," Techno mumbles to Wilbur, watching Tommy from the window.

Wilbur looks at Techno, bewildered. "How are you so calm?"

"I'm pretty sure Phil's not under house arrest anymore, I think I was wrong. The voices keep chanting it, at least."

"So?"

"So I know Tommy isn't alone. I'm guessing he's gonna subconsciously head to L'manberg, and Phil's most likely on his way here. They'll bump into each other, and I'm sure Phil will help."

"I guess," Wilbur mumbles. "I'm gonna trail behind him anyways."

"Ghostbur, please, he can handle himself. The last thing we need to do is make him more mad." Techno strolls away from the window to his brewing stand, and Wilbur lingers behind for a moment, watching Tommy shrink further and further into the distance until he's just a dot, and he reluctantly leaves the window and rubs blue between his hands.

"Fucking pricks, both of them," Tommy curses to himself, kicking snow as he continues onward. He still doesn't know where he's going, but his legs guide him and he goes along with it. "Of all the shit you could remember, it had to be all the worst things."

Finally, Tommy decides to stop, and sits under a tree at the edge of the valley. He'd kept his memory book and something to write with in his pocket, and he pulls it out and adds to it frantically.

just pretend that the underlined parts are crossed out and the italics are parts he just added ok cool ok

What I Remember
By Tommyinnit