I.

Six months has already passed but she still hasn’t moved on. She can still feel the pain so fresh as if it just happened yesterday. No matter where she’s at or what she’s doing, all she can think of is him. Steve.

She’d be leaving New York in a few hours to go home. Her parents are waiting for her, their only child, their princess. After that heartbreaking and devastating months and tragedy, she told her parents that she wanted to leave the country as soon as possible. She’s been traveling--from South Korea to France, Italy, Germany, Greece and her last stop, New York. Her parents have been bugging her to go home and she misses them so much so she told them that she will before she decides on where to go next.  

Sitting at the corner of the restaurant, she ordered the same thing every time she goes there, steak frites, his favorite. She didn’t touch her food at all, and she was digging in her purse looking for her phone. She took out that one thing she always bring with her no matter where she’s at, her diary. She got her phone and saw that she has 10 missed calls; from her best friend, Addison, and her parents. She lost track of time, so she’s rushing to leave and left the restaurant and went straight to the airport. 

“Am I really ready for this?”, she asked herself. “No matter what I do, I just can’t forget about you. No, I don’t want to forget you...your love, your smile, your laughters, your eyes. You. Help me, what should I do?”, and she sighed. 

--------------------

 He visited their restaurant, checking on things again making sure that all is well before he leaves tonight. He was greeting customers, making sure they’re being served well until he came to this table at the corner. As he approached the table, he saw something on top of it. He called one of their bussers to clean the table and took the what seems to be a personalized notebook. As he sat down in his office, his phone rang. He answered it.

“Hello? Mom?”, he said.

“Hi son. Please tell me you will finally come home and that you are not changing your mind. I really miss you.”

“Yes mom, I promise this time I’d really be on that plane and will be home soon, okay? Don’t worry too much about me. I am doing well. You worry too much and I miss you too.”

“You know you’re still my baby. I just miss having you here at home. I’d be preparing your favorite. I’ll see you soon okay? I love you son.”

“Thanks mom. I’ll see you. Take care okay? I love you too. Bye.”

 “Oh mom. I miss you too. Can I do this? Am I ready?”, he told himself after hanging up. 

And his attention went back to the diary. “What could this be? Seems like a teenager’s possession.” He put it in his bag and left to go to his condo to pick up his stuff and head to the airport.