V.

Our house feels...empty. Even though everyone seems to be here still, it just doesn’t feel the same at all. As I go up to my room, I saw our old pictures. I just miss him even more. I don’t know. I know it has already been a while but I am still locked up in that chapter of my life.

We went to our rest house on my first night back as my mom said, “to get some fresh air.” We just got here in our house where I have spent most of my life at. My room is still the same, just how I left it. “Hi iha. We didn’t touch anything in your room just like how you’ve always wanted it to be left alone. We thought you’d like it to be like that when you get home. We just had your yaya to dust it off every week.” “Thanks mom. Yes, I love it like this.” “Okay, I’ll leave you alone now so you can freshen up and get ready for dinner. Your dad is really excited that we’re eating together again as a family.” “Me too mom. Me too.” And I smiled at her.

My mom closed the door behind her, and here I am sitting on the edge of my bed, spacing out again. I freshened up after a bit and changed and went down to walk around our house. I saw that my mom’s garden have gotten a bit bigger, or was it just me? I see that our gazebo seemed to be unused for a while now. Well, my dad had it built for me because I loved eating out in the garden or in the patio. And it has always been me and Chunky who uses it. I sat in there and looked over the pool. I missed this place, my home.

I guess I have spaced out again. I didn’t realize someone walked up behind me and covered my eyes. “Who is this? Chunky monkey is that you?”, I said laughing. “Hahaha well, I told you I am not a monkey. But if I am, I am the cutest monkey there is.” “Ha! Ha! Very funny!!” I said. “I know you agree with me!” and he pinched my nose. “Ouch! Quit that. Hmp. Why are you here anyway?” “You are so cute when you’re mad Ms. Grumpy. Haha and I am here because I know you miss me already.” “Well what or who ever made you think I miss you is lying. So maybe you should go home now.” “No. I’m staying. I miss tita’s cooking and mom and dad are not home again.” “Fine. If only....” “If only what?” he asked.

“Courtney, honey. Wake up.” My mom said.

I looked around. I was dreaming. “It was all just a dream.” I told myself.