III.

He finally arrived. The familiar place that he left two months ago. He saw his driver waiting for him. He went in and told the driver to go straight home. He knows his mom would be at home for him so he doesn’t want to keep her waiting any longer. He dozed off all through out the car ride and his driver woke him up when they got home.

“Son! Jared, you’re finally home!”, his mom said who was standing right at their front door waiting for him. He walked towards her and hugged her, “Mom, just as I promised” and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “Let’s go inside mom. I’m hungry, you promised me my favorite right?”, he said smiling. 

He had a really good lunch. After eating lunch with his mom and chatting with her, he told her if he could be excused to take a rest. “Of course. Go ahead. I will be meeting some friends later. Would you like for me to cancel it and stay with you?” “No mom. It’s okay. Go out and enjoy. I’m okay. I just need to rest.” 

He went to his room, took a quick shower and changed into his PJs. Before going to bed, he remembered the notebook. He took it out from his bag and put it on his night stand. He was trying to get some sleep, but he didn’t notice that he has been staring at the notebook for a few minutes now. 

He took it and looked at it. “What the hell is wrong with me?”, he asked himself as he can’t stop the curiosity in him and the urge to take a look on what’s inside. He looked at it closely. The cover was plain, seems like a parchment paper design with the words “Dreams, Memories and Me” written beautifully. The back cover was full of images from different places like Paris, Santorini, Rome and Venice, etc. 

He slowly untied the pink and blue ribbon and opened the notebook. He was right. It is a diary. 

On the first page it says....

“A new diary for a new life. A new friend whom I can share my whole life, my heart, my soul to. I am wishing that I’d only be writing amazing and happy stuff in here.- CLP”

He was battling on whether to shut it close or to turn another page.