3.

Grabbing her three luggage, Kara excitedly looked for her sister. She just landed in National City, earlier than most of her colleagues. There were some people who approached her for a photo or two and an autograph but her fans know their limits; they know that it's her private time, like what she said in one of her interviews–"I really appreciate it when fans let me have my time and respects my privacy. I love and appreciate those simple things."

"Can I have a picture?"

Kara looked towards the direction of the voice and beamed. She immediately engulfed the older woman in a tight hug. It's her sister, it's Alex. The person she missed so much.

"Alex! Oh my God, I missed you!"

Alex smiled and grabbed two of Kara's three luggage. "Come on, let's get you home," she said as she walk towards her black car. "Why do you even have three luggage?" Alex muttered while putting the items on her car's trunk and the other one at the backseat of the car.

"Hey, I'll be living here for who knows how long this show goes. I can't leave my stuff in LA." Kara defended herself while opening the shotgun seat.

The travel from the airport to Alex's place is just a 20-minute car ride, the two sisters just talk and sung with whatever is playing on the radio. They had a great 20 minutes.

Once they reached the building, they brought Kara's stuff and settled in.

"How long will you stay?" Alex asks, grabbing a leftover pizza that they just heated up after fixing Kara's stuff.

Kara hummed. "I don't know. Probably this week then until I find a place of my own but I can leave earlier if you have pla–"

"Hey, hey, I just asked. I want you to stay here as long as you want and need. You could stay here, Kar. You're my sister."

Kara shrugged.

Silence settled between the two while munching on some one day old pizza fresh from the microwave.

"Have you visited Eliza?" Kara suddenly asks while looking down at her hands which is holding her second slice of pizza.

Alex looked up from her phone. "No."

"Oh," Kara looked at her sister and placed her pizza down. She sighed. "You guys are not okay, are you?"

Alex sighed.

"Alex."

"Okay, okay. You know mom. She has this... tone when she's speaking to me about you. I don't hate it; I love it, in fact. I love you and I love taking care of you, looking out for you. I just... you know," she sighed. "I have a life too, Kar. I know you understand me, you have a life too."

"I know, I understand. I don't understand Eliza. Why is she like... this? I'm not a child anymore, I am not the child that will break if someone touches me. I am not fragile."

Alex chuckled. "You actually are but let's not talk about that," Kara gave her a look but then broke into a smile. "Let's not talk about mom. How are you? Tell me about the things I've missed."

They talked, catch up to what's happening to each other's life until it's time to finally get ready for bed and sleep.

Before going to sleep, Kara took a picture of the beautiful buildings that can be seen from her sister's aparment. She sighed and went to bed.

---

The next morning, they both prepared bacon and pancakes for their breakfast. Kara took a picture of them, too.

They ate in silence but then Kara's phone started ringing.

"Hello?" She didn't bother checking the caller I.D. since only a few people know about her number that would call her.