12.

Raising a child alone is very exhausting and is a huge responsibility, and Mike knows that. But he didn't expect it to be so much fun. Buying her the stuff that she wants and needs, going out and eating with her, preparing food for her to eat, reading her a book before she sleeps—there are so much more than Mike wants to experience with his little girl. Especially now that all her papers are good and that she is really his.

Today, he is going to meet with Alex — to tell her about Mira, and to show his daughter to her. He wanted to tell Kara but he's not ready. Yet.

"Are you ready, Mira?" He asks his daughter, who is currently wearing an adorable pink dress and shoes.

"Yes!" Mira smiled and jumped. "Where we goin'?"

"Meet a family."

He doesn't know what Alex's reaction would be but he knows that what he's about to do is the right thing. And he will do the right thing—whatever the outcome might be.

Once they reached Noonan's, their meeting place, he immediately spotted Alex sitting on one of the tables. He held his daughter's tiny hands into his and started walking.

When they reached Alex, her eyes immediately looked at the adorable little girl that Mike is holding. "Who is this one right here?"

"My name is Mira!" the little girl squealed with delight.

Mike chuckled and sat across Alex, placing Mira on the chair next to his. "I might have some explaining to do." Then, he explained what happened, how it happened, and that he is a father.

"Okay, okay, so this is Mira. Your daughter?" Alex said — clearly shocked but her eyes are shining. "That's clear with me; but what happened? I mean, you don't have to answer that right now since..." she continued, eyeing the child, "but yeah, how do you plan on telling this to Kara?"

"That's... that's why I told you first — I don't know how Kara would take this."

Alex shook her head. "You know, Kara is a very kind woman — the kindest person I've ever known, in fact," she sighed. "And I know she loves kids. Maybe... just maybe, I don't wanna scare you or assume things that I don't know for a fact, but maybe she would get disappointed about your... carelessness. But I know that she will love Mira. She's a lovely girl, Mike."

Mike nodded, contented with the answer he got.

---

Proofreading, editing, typing—those are Kara's jobs as of now since she doesn't have any idea to write a story yet. Yes, she has written some short stories that she plans on publishing someday, but she still does not have the courage to do so — she doesn't know if her fans would know if it's her, even with an alias that she planned to use before (which, if you ask me, is not a really smart one).

On a morning, she was doing exactly that. Proofreading articles. Then, a particular article caught her attention. It's about Lex Luthor.

Luthor, Back At It Again.

Kara shook her head — is this a recent article? Why is it here? Isn't Lex Luthor in jail? For a lifetime? Why would he be back? Then, she saw the year. 2021. It's recent. In fact, it was just written this morning — which makes sense, because she is proofreading it.

Lex Luthor is back at it again. If you do not know him, he is a very well-known scientist and entrepreneur but years ago, he was convicted. He was a threat to the country—the world, even. It was also said that he murdered people. So, why is he back again? He is back, yes, but their family company, LCorp, is still led by his sister, Lena Luthor. Although, it is rumored that he built his own company with his mother; Cadmus.