10.

3 years later...

It has been 3 years since Mike left and joined his mother. It has been 3 years since he left his loved ones – his friends and his girlfriend – without a proper goodbye. He hasn't replied to them. Winn had been sending him texts since the week he left, which was three years ago. Winn kept on reporting what's happening – when he left the limelight, Kara continued her life but it's clear that she has been devastated. He also mentioned that Kara has been keeping on her own. A year after his disappearance, Winn said that she's left Hollywood and he barely had any information about her. Mike never replied – he wanted to but he knows his mother would know. During the second year of his disappearance, Winn stopped sending him messages.

He tried—he really did—to reach out and to explain but his mother will always be there to stop him. Until today. Earlier, he had the courage to snap at his mom and to tell her what he really feels, that he's drained from all the things that she's asking her to do - run their company without being known as the actor Mike Matthews. He didn't know how to do it especially since the show – their show, he became well-known for portraying Kai.

"I'm tired of all this, mother. You killed my father and I am here, like a servant, serving you," he said, exasperatedly. "I am leaving but before I leave, I will make sure that you're where you're supposed to be."

Rhea opened her mouth and was about to yell at her son but before she did, policemen entered their home. She asked for proof of what they're accusing her and they showed it to her; unbeknownst to her, while Mike is working for her, he was looking for proofs and documents that shows that her mother killed her father. Fortunately, there are cameras all over the house, even though it's heartbreaking for Mike to see it, he saw his mother kill his father in their own home. And that's his proof. And now, his mother is gone – serving for something she did.

Now, Mike is thinking on how to contact Kara. Is she even still here? He doesn't know anything. He can't even watch television and look at his social media accounts when he was at her mother's home. Is Kara mad at her? He doesn't know. He's about to find out. He went straight to National City. The way, the road, everything... is familiar. The apartment. That's where he's going. Kara's apartment.

Before Mike was able to leave his car, something inside him keeps telling him to call Alex first. So, he did.

He sighed deeply before pressing the call button.

"Hello?" He croaked.

"Hello?" Alex said on the other line.

"Alex? It's me. It's... Mike."

There was a silence on the other line. "Matthews?" Silence. "What the fuck. Where have you been?"

Mike flinched but managed to answer, "Alex.. I can explain. Please... talk to me. Not on the phone, I need to explain this to you."

"Where are you? I am going to give you one last chance, Mike."

"I was about to go to Kara's apartment but I figured I need to talk to you first. I know... I think she's mad at me," he sighed. "I love her, Alex. Please help me."

"I will help you if I know you deserve my sister," Alex replied. "Go to Noonan's. And don't try to contact my sister yet. Not yet."

---

Once Mike arrived at Noonan's, he immediately saw Alex inside. He approached her.

"Hey," Alex nodded and motioned him to sit; he obliged. "Let's get straight to the point – where were you?"

Mike sighed and looked down but he eventually looked straight into the eyes of Alex. "I was with my mother. She threatened me, she always has been threatening me ever since but that day – the day I disappeared, she came by my place and threatened Kara. She said she will be in danger if I don't join her, if I don't go home with her."