Chapter Fifteen

4th April 2023

Jason's POV

"Jason! Wake up!" I hear a distant voice in the background as I feel myself start to gain consciousness. The pain from a few moments ago started to feel more intense as I became more aware of my surroundings. Instantly my eyes opened, searching for the only person I need in my life.

"Scarlett!" I whimpered pathetically. What type of man can't even get to the woman he loves. What type of man lets her go through the same kind of pain over and over again. I should have never let her leave the room. What was I thinking when I wanted her to let Sasha and I talk in private, of course she would try something. "I'm sorry baby. I'm a pathetic excuse for a mate. You deserve so much more than myself but I'm too selfish to allow you to meet anyone else." After a while I was able to hover over her still figure.

She is perfect. She is mine, at least I hope she still is mine.

"Jason." I heard her whimper, her body started to stir as she gained consciousness also.

"Yes baby, I'm right here my love. I am so sorry. Sasha marked me when I explained to her what you mean to me. She broke our bond baby but we can gain it back, we are stronger than we think. Everything is going to be okay. We can make it through this. We have been able to make it through everything else, I am not letting you go ever again. No one will ever come between us, Sasha has been banished from the pack, she can no longer do us any harm baby. Please." I beg, but the look in her eyes says otherwise.

She is going to leave whether I beg continuously or not. I lost her again.

Scarlett's POV

"Yes baby, I'm right here my love. I am so sorry. Sasha marked me when I explained to her what you mean to me. She broke our bond baby but we can gain it back, we are stronger than we think. Everything is going to be okay. We can make it through this. We have been able to make it through everything else, I am not letting you go ever again. No one will ever come between us, Sasha has been banished from the pack, she can no longer do us any harm baby. Please." I heard Jason beg when I whimpered his name.

His words meant so much to me. He means so much to me and that is the reason I have to leave. The thought of Sasha coming back for her revenge against him stayed swimming in my mind. No one is safe when we are together, there is no point in trying to be together when the universe doesn't want us together. Whether we are meant for each other or not the Moon Goddess made a mistake with us.

"Can you call Charlie please. I need to talk to him urgently." Was all I said. All I could say. I'm not going to give him false hope when I have already made my mind up.

"Can't we just talk about this baby. Please. All I need..." But I couldn't let him continue because if I were to let him finish his sentence I would end up staying and I can't.

"Jason, just get Charlie." I bluntly state, leaving no room for arguments. His face dropped when I cut him off, as if he just lost the biggest battle of his life but he knew better than to continue his argument so he nodded reluctantly and stood up. As he reached for the door handle he paused for a brief moment, without turning around he whispered, "All I have ever wanted was to be with you. But now I have lost you again and it kills me." Then he was gone.

Once the door was slammed shut I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding in. "Well that was something." I hear a voice say in the deepest corner of the room. When I turn around I see Michelle standing there, not looking happy. "What are you doing Scar? You love him. It's written all over your face so don't try to deny it."

"So? Michelle nothing can ever happen between us. Whenever we think we have gotten to the place we need to be in, something always messes it up. We marked each other Elle, do you understand that? We marked each other and even that didn't last long because some person decided they wanted him to be theirs. There is always going to be something. I love him with every bit of my being but it just can't happen. I can't go through this pain for a third time. It's time that I leave."