Chapter Twenty

12th April 2023

Scarlett's PoV

Driving up to the entrance of the Manson I start to think of everything I am leaving behind. My mate, family and pack, but I'm also leaving behind a long time of pain. Knowing my own flesh and blood lied to me which caused my mate to reject me, making me feel as though I wasn't good enough for my family or pack. Then the fact there is a crazy woman after my mate who has broken our mate bond for the second time. In order for Jason and I to regain the bond back we would have to do a lot more than just mark each other again.

Since Jason's mark got marked on he would have to cut ties completely to Sasha and myself, which could kill him and everyone who is linked into the two bonds that would lead to one or all of us dying and this isn't a risk I am willing to take. Seeing as I'm not going to be able to be with my mate again since we are not going to risk having anyone die, then there is no point in staying with the people who are only causing me pain.

Stepping out of the car I looked up and reviewed the Manson in front of me. You would think that for a King he would have a castle or even a castle at the tip of a mountain if his reputation is true. It's a beautiful White House with deep blue framed windows, the colour of the front door is matched with the frame of the windows. Looking at the exterior of the house it would seem like some ordinary rich family lived here but since we knowing who and what is behind the Mansion we aren't clueless to what we will be walking in to.

"Scar, are you certain you want to go through with this?" Came Chase from beside me, my best friend trying to talk me out of leaving him and everyone I love. I couldn't blame him for trying to get me to change my mind but I just wish he would be on board with what I am about to do considering he knows what being with the two men who have caused me the deepest pain would do to me. I stepped in front of him so I could look into his eyes.

"Chase." I pause, taking in a deep breath, not wanting to get emotional before I step into the emotionless Manson of the King, "I know how much you don't want me to go through with this but you also know why I can't stay with you. If I stay I will have to ignore all the things my brother has caused and knowing Michelle she will then reject him. I will not allow her to go through the same pain and heartbreak I did because of the mistakes my brother did, although it broke my family apart I will not let it break them apart. I'm sorry but I am not going to watch my best friend live through that pain because I couldn't forgive my brother for betraying me. Then there is Jason, who is marked by two different women and you know what would have to happen in order for him to be with just one of us. He chose her when I left so now he can choose her all over again while I'm here taking my punishment in order to not go through anymore heart ache. I love you Chase, you're like a brother to me and I will never forget everything you did for me. When you took me under your wing the first day I came into your pack, I know you were probably forced to do so by Charlie," I chuckle and look towards Charlie who has a glint in his eye as we make eye contact, "But it's the best thing that happened to me seeing as I gained the best family a girl could ever have. So now its time for me to do this for everyone." I give him a kiss on the cheek and turn on my heels to face the door. "Now lets do this family!" I grab onto Chase and Charlie's hands and drag them to the huge deep blue door.

Taking a deep breath, I let go of Charlie's hand and ring the door bell which chimed throughout the entire estate around us.

No turning back now, that's for sure.

In seconds the door opened to reveal a young woman. She looked to be in her late twenties, petite, with big brown eyes and her hair was covered in a maid cap. "Hello, my name is Sabrina, how may I help you?" She asked in a sweet yet low voice.

"My name in Scarlett, the King is awaiting my arrival." I stated softly, with a smile to show I'm not going to do her no harm since she looked a little timid. Sabrina was wearing the typical black and white dresses they make maids wear in movies with a black maid cap so you couldn't see her hair as it seems her hair was possibly in a bun covered by the cap.

"Yes, my apologies Miss Scarlett, please come in and your companions also, I will inform the King of your arrival right a way!" She exclaimed looking mortified that she didn't know who I was. She must have met some horrible people who freak out at her when she doesn't know who she is opening the door to.

"You have nothing to worry about Sabrina, we are not going to cause you any ill will I promise you. My name is Charlie and this is my son Chase, we are here to accompany Scarlett as she meets with the King. There's no rush towards the King young lady so no need to fret." Charlie reassured the poor woman who was shaking in her black shoes.

She nods softly and opens the door further in order to allow myself and two male giants through the door. With the three of us in the Manson she shuts the door behind us and leads us to a living space, "Take a seat here while I inform the King of your arrival. Would you like anything to drink as you wait?" She asks politely, still not making direct eye contact.

"No thank you Sabrina, you have been great as a hostess." I say with a sincere smile so she doesn't have to be worried about what we are going to say to the King about her work when he makes his arrival.

Sabrina looks up at me with a soft smile and leaves Charlie, Chase and myself to silently wait for the King. Waiting for the King I start thinking of the different punishments he could provide for me disobeying his order, minutes go by with everyone sat in their own thoughts when a tall man with dark brown waved hair and chestnut brown eyes walks into the door. The three of us stand to our feet and I see Charlie bow his eyes, Chase and I take suit.

"To what do I owe this pleasure Alpha Charlie?" His deep voice full of authority which caused shivers to ascend through my spine. His aroma was one of power but I was expecting someone with scars and bad manners but this man didn't seem to portray any of his legends.

"Your Majesty, a pleasure as always. I am sorry to disturb your busy day but we are here about my front line fighter. I am afraid she cannot come to agreement in what you have asked of her. Your Majesty, Scarlett is here to explain her reasonings in why she cannot fulfill her duties in this offer and to accept any punishment you may give to her." Charlie explained, the King turns towards me with a heavy look behind his eyes, as if he was trying to come up with an explanation as to why I refuse to do this one request when I have always obeyed my duties to other packs.

"I see, very well Alpha Charlie, you and your son would have to stay here while your front line fighter and I shift our meeting to my office. In private." His Majesty ordered, Charlie and Chase bowed their heads as the King with a nod of his head behind him, silently ordering me to follow him.

Butterflies struck in my stomach, but surprisingly they weren't scared butterflies, they're the type Jason could give me with just a look.

I have a feeling this isn't going to be as bad as people had told me.

But I could be wrong.