Chapter Seventeen

5th April 2023

Chase's POV

The following morning, I woke up earlier than usual. After leaving my father and Martha alone last night Scarlett and I decided to go to the living room which was occupied by Michelle and Sean. They were in a heated argument which Scarlett decided she was going to be a part of so she was talking Michelle into giving Sean a chance seeing as she knew first hand how miserable she would be without him, so Michelle after about two hours reluctantly agrees to be his mate, by the time everything was done it was midnight so Scarlett and I decided to go to our bedroom and Michelle decided to stay with Sean in his house.

Scarlett moving around in her bed broke me of my thoughts. I turned my head to see her stretching in her bed, "Morning sleepy head, it's 11 A.M." I say with a smile as she stopped stretching and then looked towards me.

"Morning." She mumbled, yawning as she stretched her arms towards the ceiling, causing myself to yawn as it's a contagious motion. "Let's go make some breakfast, I'm a little hungry." She says as she gets out of bed. When is she never hungry? I question myself, there is no chance I will ever say that out loud, the last time I did I almost ended up dead. Never anger a front-line fighter even if it is just a joke.

On our way to the kitchen a beautiful scent molested my nose in the most perfect way. I knew by the way my wolf was jumping around subconsciously that the scent was coming from my mate and she was in the direction Scar and I are heading in. I grabbed Scar's hand quickly and pulled her to a stop, "Scar, my mate is in the kitchen. How do I approach her?" I questioned quickly, feeling nervous about meeting my mate for the first time.

"Relax Chase, let's go into the kitchen and I will start the conversation. I'm sure I will know her if she is from this pack. You have nothing to worry about when you're with me." She smiled her sisterly smile. Whenever I'm with Scar every fear I hold onto disappears. She has always been able to calm me down the way no one else has been able to, not even my father.

"You're right." I said to her which caused her to roll her eyes at me. So much for the sisterly comfort. I laughed quietly to myself and just followed her into the kitchen.

The kitchen is very modern. The cupboards and the draws were a beautiful white colour, in the middle of the massive room was a gorgeous island with black granite tops to copy the rest of kitchen tops, on the right there was a massive American style fridge, which no doubt was filled with food and goodies for the pack members. The stove was parallel to the door and was at the back of the kitchen, the island has the sink in the middle and all I could see from where I was standing was the cupboards littering the support of the island to add more storage to the kitchen.

Standing at the stove was a beautiful woman. She was alone in the kitchen which had me believe she is my mate; I took a deep breath and just by the way her scent filled my nose I knew I was right to guess her as my mate.

"Scar," I whisper, shaking my head lightly to get myself to concentrate on the situation at hand, "That's her." I finished, my eyes not once leaving the brunette-haired lady in front of me.

"Hey Savannah, what are you doing there?" Scarlett questioned getting my gorgeous mates attention. It seemed she hadn't gotten a whiff of my scent yet so I just stood silently beside Scar not wanting to scare her away but just introducing myself as her mate when at the moment she has no idea.

"Oh Scar!" My mate exclaimed, rushing towards us. When she rushed past me, I got a stronger whiff of her scent and I just stood there with my eyes closed breathing her in, "I'm so sorry I didn't come up to see you but after you left, I broke up with Sean. I heard everything before when you were with Jason upstairs, it was kind of hard not to, but that's not the point. Sean told me everything that happened the morning you ran away, he was going to see Jason to get you two to talk and explain what he had done, when they came to pick us up you were nowhere to be found and I was so angry he had caused you to skip school, I got him to drop me off at home straight away then he called Jason to inform him about how you ran away. Jason got Sean to come to the pack house so he could explain the situation only Sean didn't come empty handed. He had a note which explained why you left. I flipped and told him I couldn't be with someone who would do that to his sister and best friend. Jason went ballistic when he found out, he created a search party to go after you. After years of not being able to find you he didn't really give up but he was exhausted he came to the conclusion that if you wanted to be found we would have already found you. Hence why he went with Sasha." She explained, still not realising I was here but I listened intently in what had happened when Scar had come to us.