Chapter Twenty-One

12th April 2023

King's POV

"Come in!" I yell, looking up from my paperwork on my desk to see who has disturbed my busy schedule.

I see my maid Sabrina.

Sabrina's parents came to me when they couldn't financially protect their pack or daughter. In order for their pack to be protected I bought their daughter to serve me.

"Your majesty, I have Scarlett downstairs waiting for you along with Alpha Charlie and his son Chase." She stutters, looking to the floor.

"I will be there shortly. Thank you Sabrina." I nod towards the door, she bows her head in respect and walks out of my office.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Xavier, I am the King of all werewolves. Every pack and territory is ran by me. The Alpha's of each pack are basically like the caretakers of the packs. They make sure every person in the pack is safe and well taken care of, if I see that other packs are struggling I will appoint certain packs to help in their problem.

Everyone thinks of me as ruthless and power hungry but they are mistaken. My demenor comes across as dangerous and not caring when in reality the way I respond to situations is because I care. I want everyone to feel safe and live peacefully.

In this situation with Scarlett I couldn't have a pack member, whether they are high ranking go against my wishes to protect another pack from rouges.

A month ago I got a call from Alpha Jason from the Moon Shadow Pack concerning rouges I couldn't let them get hunted down and banished. As I mentioned earlier, my job is to make sure everyone is safe, every pack member.

Rouges are a different story, although they should listen to my orders they are, well, rouges at the end of the day and don't believe in a higher power. Some rouges used to be in packs but decided they didn't want to takes orders from anyone so they went their on way, others were born into being rouges and don't know any better. I have tried to remove baby cubs from their rouge parents and possibly have them be adopted by some members from different packs but the parents would always refuse, but that's not exactly a shock to the system.

As I was explaining, once I received the distress call from Alpha Jason I knew the best pack to train them up and fight by them would be the Blue Moon Pack.

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy transformation as the first line fighter, Scarlett is mates with Jason, who stupidly rejected her, but as I told Alpha Charlie, we need to fight for our own.

If Scarlett refused to train the Moon Shadow Pack she was to be punished, so here we are today to give her the punishment I believe she deserves.

It won't be a simple punishment either, she was going to have to work hard with in her punishment.

Taking a deep breath I rolled my chair from under my desk and pushed myself up, making my way towards the door and downstairs to be greeted by Alpha Charlie, his son Chase and the famous Scarlett.

I stopped in my tracks as I looked Scarlett up and down. Her deep ocean blue eyes stared at me in shock, I'm guessing the was I was dressed wasn't what she was expecting the King with my reputation to be wearing which was dark blue Nike tracksuit bottoms, grey top of Tommy Hilfiger with my dark blue Nike trainers. Her blonde hair falling down to her shoulders.

Why would her mate ever reject her, I had only seen this girl for two seconds and if she was my mate I would never let her go. Every emotion flashing through her eyes, I could tell she was scared of what I was going to tell her torso, but I could also see she would not back down, not matter how harsh my punishment was for her.