Regionals

"Thanks for driving me, Tiffany." I said while getting out of her car.

"Anytime. You know, you gotta talk to your dad at some point. You haven't talked to him in a bit."

"Yeah because I'm afraid of him. I'll see you inside." I said. "Good luck tonight."

"You too, Nixon."

I walked into the the building that was packed with families and friends of figure skaters, along with judges, coaches, and so on.

"Hey, Bridget!"

I turned around and saw Julie, Connie, and Linda.

"Oh! What the hell are you doing here? Not that i'm opposing your presence, but shouldn't you two be playing hockey and shouldn't you be making out with Charlie or something?" I asked.

"We got a free night, tonight." Connie said.

"Yeah, so we thought we should come watch you skate!" Julie added.

"Yeah, but not only us. We brought Adam, Charlie, and Guy, too." Linda finished.

"What's next? You invited your whole second family too?" I joked.

The girls giggled.

"Connie, you have to try these soft pretzels! They are legendary!" Guy groaned while shoving a soft pretzel into Connie's face.

"They are really good pretzels." Charlie admitted while splitting it with Linda. "Want some, Nixon?"

"No, i'm performing in a bit. Thanks though." I smiled.

Just then, Coach Tremblay approached me. "Bridget, let's go. You still haven't mastered that one landing."

"Oh right." I muttered. "I'll see you guys later."

"Good luck!" "See ya!" "Have fun out there!" Everyone said at the same time.

"Let's go grab a seat!" Linda said to the group as I walked away.

"Wow, you actually showed up." Kristin said as I walked into the locker room.

"Kristin, I don't wanna start trouble. Not tonight." I sigh. "I just wanna focus on my routine."

"Your really gonna get hurt out there. I'm honestly scared for you." Kristin said.

"Shut up already. You worry about yourself, i'll worry about myself. Got it?" I retort as I walk backwards towards the bench in the middle of the locker room.

"What's going on with you and Kristin?" Tiffany whispered to me.

"What isn't going on with me and kristin?" I sass.

"Don't let her get to your head."

"Tiffany! Get over here!" Kristin yells.

Tiffany shrugged at me and walked towards her team.

I changed into my costume. I sat down and i began to wrap my ankle in gauze and put my skates on. While sitting down the the bench, I put my head in my hands. I was hoping to god that i'll do good tonight despite my fucked ankle.

"Bridget, it's time." My coach said from behind me.

I stood up and slowly walked out to the rink. The crowd was huge. I'm never really nervous about skating, however i was more nervous about me falling.

I skated onto the ice and stood in the middle. The music began to play. I glided around. So far so good. Easy peasy. Light on the ankle. Soon enough the music began to speed up meaning I had to speed up.