Actions come with consequences

I should have known. He's an asshole. This is why i hate caring for people because once i let my guard down they're just gonna make me question why i ever let them in,why i ever started caring for them and then i need to build my walls back up and let me tell you, that shit takes time! He just sits there playing with the hem of the blanket that cover my legs "You know why do i ever bother?!" I burst out not being able to stop them sooner than they came and he looks up fast, surprised "What do you mean?" He asks looking at me drawing his brows together in what looks like frustration "Everyone i cared about left me except for you and now how am i even suppose to trust you?! I should have known! You're an ass hole! I knew it from the beginning but i tried to give you a chance and then that turned into something else, and i started to trust you and- and i don't know, but then you can't even tell me if your gonna be there for me." My words slowing down the more i speak and i feel the tears at the ready but they're not going to fall, i won't let them "Emma i'm sorry" He finally says trying to grab my hand but i pull it back fast "I don't want to hear any sorry's Luke" I say my voice barely there, my heart pounding, i feel like i'm gonna be sick "You only care for yourself. I won't be surprised if you do leave me when i'm dying because your just like that." He doesn't even look like these words affect him, he just stares at me looking frustrated "Didn't i tell you? I told you before that i was an asshole and you shouldn't care for me because i was just going to let you down."

Luke's P.O.V~

".......I was just going to let you down." God I hate myself, i told her this before but i can't even do it myself I knew i was going to let her down and i tried to get her not to care for me, and for me to not care for her, but i do and i can't help it. She looks so sad and it breaks my heart but it's the best thing, I keep reminding myself that that's who i am and i can't have people depend on me because that's how it's been my whole life. I was always told growing up i can't do jack squat so i decided people shouldn't count on me because i couldn't reach the standards they set "Emma i know you care for me and all and let me tell you i am so grateful for that" But when i looked up she was walking away "Emma i'm sorry if i made you mad" But she was crying, god how she made me feel like shit sometimes "You know if you want me to then i'll promise anything you want just please don't cry" And that's when she turned around fire burning in her eyes "A promise isn't something you say to someone to make them feel better. It's a commitment. Every friendship and/or relationship has them and they're there for a reason, it lets you know who you can trust. It draws the line between Showers and people who ACTUALLY give a fuck about other people. And honestly you can put on one hell of a good show." She reached for the door knob, She can't go, i don't want her to go, she just can't. And that's when i heard something. Like i had super sonic hearing or some shit like how i heard this was not normal but i heard it and i grabbed her. I didn't know what else to do. I put a hand over her mouth and around her waist and pulled her around the corner.