Time stops when you forget to breathe

Luke's P.O.V~

I told her to lock the door behind me. Why the hell did she come out? Why can't she just listen "Let her go" I say to the man and he laughs, my hands trembling. I had no idea what to do, so i shot. I knew the risks that would come with it but i did anyway. I couldn't help myself. He was going to die. But i realized something, after i shot, there was a second one not to long afterwards. I hear his gun hit the floor and he falls but white noise covers all of it up. I get dizzy knowing what just happened. Everything around blurs. "Emma" I say softly She stands there pale her hand on her stomach, her eyes wide and her mouth open slightly, i see the blood slowly start to soak around her hand and her jaw starts to shake as a single tear slides down her cheek. I run over to her and grab her by the waist as she starts to crumble to the floor "No, no no no no, Emma." i say putting my hand over her wound on her stomach, she looks up at me as i pull her on my lap and she sets her hand on my cheek and i feel the warm blood on her hand press on my face and her breaths slowly draw out to thin slow ones "No, Emma stay right here okay?" I say putting pressure on her stomach as my vision starts to blur with tears and i feel the warmth of it slide down my cheek. "Emma please i'm gonna stitch you up and your gonna be fine okay. Look Emma i know I've been a douche bag and all. Oh my god i'm so stupid" I Say looking at her as she still sits there silently "Emma please answer me."....But nothing "Emma?,...No Emma please don't do this to me okay? Here" i lift her hand back on her wound "You apply pressure okay you hold right here." And i pick her up from under her arm and behind her knees "You are not going to die okay? Do not die on me." I Say more tears escaping my eyes, her small breaths on my arm as her eyes slowly close as she goes unconscious and her arm lightly rest on her stomach as the other dangles off to the side and her head tilts back. I can feel my heart stop and i find myself forgetting to breathe. Why is this happening. This can' be real. Oh my god i am like flipping shit this is not okay. I run back into the apartment and i set her on the bed not wasting any time as i rip the front of her shirt. I guess it was a good thing sort of the bullet went all the way through. I ramble everywhere looking for a needle and some thread. Anything i could use to stitch this up. After i find some i run and get a few cotton balls and rubbing alcohol and i go quickly back her blood soaking the sheets. I don't have any second thoughts before i start. I can barely do it because i was shaking so much. "Luke.." She says her voice weak as i rub alcohol on it to clean it up a little bit "What are you doing?" She says as i wrap the thread in the needle "Luke" She says grabbing my arm weakly "I'm Sorry" I say before pushing the needle into her skin and she lets out a piercing scream and it cuts through me, more tears rushing down my face. "I'm Sorry" I say again as i continue and she keeps screaming. God i felt so fucking terrible. When i was done i put bandages around it "Emma" I say grabbing her hand as she lays unconscious "I Promise."