Chapter 8: Truth Reveal

You watched Nezha run away, frowning in sadness. You approached his silk before you picked the spear up and the silk floated around you instead.

You then approached Aobing without your parents knowing. "You should go now, I'll lead you out." You whispered, Aobing nodded as he walked away but Li Jing stopped him. 

"Please, wait. Thank you for your assistance today. Tell me, what is your name?"

"My name isn't worth knowing, Milord." Aobing replied, you tried to escort him away but Li Jing convinced him to have a drink. 

"Nonsense, I must make a toast, to thank you." 

You got in front of him, explaining to your father. "He's busy, father. I must get him out." 

Li Jing poured the drink on his cloak, you gasped lightly as Aobing was shocked. "I'm sorry. Let me get that." He reached his hand as Aobing stepped back. 

"No need!"

"Father!" You tried to stop him but your father dropped the drink and pulled the cloak out, revealing his horns. The crowd all gasped and murmured about his horns. 

"A dragon?!"

"Weren't they imprisoned in the Eastern Sea by the Court of Heaven? How did he get out?" 

You quickly snatched the cloak and covered his head. "I knew I detected a familiar scent on you. But that mark on your head confirms my suspicions." He pointed at the Spirit Pearl mark on his head as he gasped. 

"That sigil! So the dragons stole the Spirit Pearl."

"Go, quick!" You whispered to him, and he nodded before floating away. 

"I could chase you if I wanted! What else would you expect from a bunch of dragons? NO WONDER YOUR KIND WERE LOCKED AWAY!" 

You gasped in terrifying, Aobing stopped floating as Taiyi mentioned his father and the rest. The crowd murmured and pointed at him. 

"Well, you can't cross the dragons."

"So, the dragons were the thieves. Figures."

"The Court of Heaven shouldn't have left them alive."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." He heard Shen chuckle beside him. "How unfortunate."

"Brother?" Taiyi exclaimed as you frowned confusingly. 

"For this to work only four people needed to die. But wouldn't you know? Now everyone sees what you are. Now no one gets to su-sur... survive."

"Please tell me you weren't involved." said Taiyi in disbelief. 

"I'm afraid I can't. It would be quite rude to lie. As for the Pearl, I stole it. And Aobing is my apprentice." He placed his hand on Aobing's shoulder. 

Your mind went back to when you tried to stop the midwife from stealing the pearl and replaced it with the Demon Pill, you frowned madly with your fist clenched because he was the one who put your brother into this miserable life.

"Uh, have you lost your mind?! I'M GONNA TELL THE SUPREME LORD!" Taiyi threatened him but Shen chuckled instead. 

"Good thing, I'm one step ahead then. If you all die, there will be no one left to tell him, will there?" 

You went in front before pointing your finger and yelling at Shen. "YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS, I'LL BE THE ONE WHO TELLS HIM!"

Shen smirked devilishly as he glared down at you. "Then... I shall kill you first then." All of you gasped, especially your parents and Taiyi, even Aobing was shocked by it. Shen leaned to whisper to Aobing as he told him. "Apprentice, there's only one thing to be done. The survival of your people depends on the next decision."