Chapter 1 - Too Much

Jake POV: I walked into the music room, breathless. Me, Hailey and Zander were the only people there.

"You-" Zander started, "You're here?! On time?!? EVEN EARLIER?!?" He looked a bit shocked.

"Yup, proud of me?" I asked.

"Nope," he said.

I rolled my eyes and smirked,

"Uh, so what do we do while we wait for the others?" I asked, somehow bored already.

Milly came rushing in at that moment, she just stared me right in the eyes.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE BEFORE ME?!? THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE!" she practically screamed, not in an exactly mean tone ut more of a joking tone. Why did everyone have to make such a big deal about it?-

"Guess I just run faster," I bragged.

"Is that a challenge?" she asked.

"It can be, 3..2..-" I start, but Hailey just HAD to interrupt.

She sighed, "Not right now guys, we have practise!"

"Why are all of you such buzzkills?!" Milly complained.

I laughed a bit. I know I just joined the club for Daisy, and I was gonna leave.. but I really didn't want to leave. I wanted to be friends with the club AND my homies.. I just wished they weren't such jerks to the music club sometimes.

"I hate school," Milly complained as we walked out from the school, "it's so annoying!"

"Agreed, wanna have that race now?" I asked.

"YES!! I'M TOTALLY GONNA BE FASTER THAN YOU!!" She said.

"3...2...-" I started, "1!!!!!" Milly yelled, and we both started off.

"HEY-" I heard Milly yell.

I looked behind me as I ran, but then stopped.

"GO JAKE!!" Lia yelled standing next to a fallen over Milly who looked like she wanted to punch Lia.

I ran over to them and helped Milly up.

"Lia, c'mon. I wanted a fair race!" Milly ran past me and I almost tripped.

"REALLY, MILLY?!" I laughed and ran trying to catch up to her.

Lia rolled her eyes and took out her phone.

(The next day at lunch)

"Jake, what the hell? Lia said you called her a b*tch because she tripped one of your freak friends. I get you don't like her but-" Drew started.

What the heck?! I never called her b*tch!

"I didn't call her anything! I said I wanted a fair race with Milly!" I protested.

"Milly? Is that your other girlfriend?" Henry joked.

"Can you stop assuming every girl I hang out with I like?!" I whisper yelled, getting frustrated.

They all stared at me, then laughed.

"It isn't funny!!"

They continued laughing.

"You hang out with them so much they might as well be!! Bet you have a boyfriend in there too!" Liam joked between breaking out in laughter.

I grabbed my tray and walked away, angrily. Even though the band practise didn't start for another 20 minutes; I headed there anyways. I could just have some time to myself.