Chapter 3 - The Text

Jake POV: I had finally made it to the music room and burst in. I shut the door quietly and sat down. I burst out in tears. For the past week I felt like all they were doing was making fun of the music club and me joining last week. I heard the door open and before I could wipe my tears and pretend I wasn't crying Sean was comforting me.

"Hey, Jake.." he said.

"W-why are you even here?!" I cried, still mad at what my friends said.

I wasn't mad at Sean, but I was yelling at him.. in not exactly the nicest tone.

"What's wrong?" he walked over to me and kneeling down beside me as I quickly wiped my tears.

"Nothing," I said in a harsh voice, I think my voice cracked a bit at this too.

My eyes started to water again. Eventually I just sputtered it all out. Everything. The past bullies, Drew being the only one to ever reach out to me, me not wanting to be a complete a*sholee to the club when Drew, Henry and Liam were, only joining for Daisy at first, the talks my friends had, and all the mean stuff we had done to Zander and Hailey… Just everything. 

He knew exactly what to say. I guess the club was right about him being the big brother figure.

"Hey, you got us now. But your other friends.. they seem a bit.."

I knew what he was going to say. The music room went silent for a second, but to me it felt like a thousand years had passed. Just sitting there silently.. I waswiped the tears off my face.

"Toxic?" I finished for him, even though it sounded a bit like a question.

He nodded slightly,

"Maybe you should end the friendship? Them constantly laughing at you and the club doesn't seem like a good relationship," he said, his voice quiet and shaking slightly.

I smiled faintly.

"I-I'll think about it," I sputtered. 

I stood up, how long had it been? Hailey came in and stared at us. "You're seriously earlier than me!?" she asked, surprised.

"Wanna join me for a race then-"

"Not right now," she interrupted, "anyways, we're having band rehearsals again on Sunday, can you guys come?"

"Sure, I-I think I'm free then," I told her.

"Same," Sean replied. 

It was almost 12:00am at night, I couldn't sleep. The words echoed through my mind, "Toxic." "Maybe you should end the friendship?" I didn't hate any of them.. but I was getting annoyed. If we weren't friends I wouldn't hear their rude jokes all the time.. I wouldn't have to take part in the bullying.. I could be myself without constantly being teased.

I grabbed my phone and texted Drew, I didn't feel like texting Henry or Liam. Drew would tell them the next day anyways, probably start up a bunch of rumors about me. I didn't care, as long as I had the club.. I typed out the message..