Chapter 5 - The Flashback

Daisy POV: "Good job, guys! You're all so amazing at your instruments! And Jake, your voice is dreamy like always!" I exclaimed after they had finished.

Jake smiled and blushed, "O-oh hi D-D-Daisy!! I d-didn't see y-you! Uh- T-thanks," he stuttered.

It was really obvious he had a crush on me, to be honest. I didn't like him back, so I was glad he had never asked me out yet. I really didn't want to see him sad, but I couldn't accept either..

I giggled a bit, "You're welcome! Oh, I should probably get going.. Sorry I couldn't stay for longer, but y'know.. head-girl duties and stuff.." I told them.

"Bye, Daisy!" Sean called. I waved back at the club as I walked out.

Instead of seeing Drew I saw his friends, Liam and Henry walking towards me.

"Hey, Daisy! Have you seen Drew?" Liam asked.

"Oh! No, I haven't.. Why?" I answered.

"We haven't seen him since he left to- to uhhhhh.. use the washroom?.." They said, almost in sync.

"Well.... have- have you actually checked the washrooms?" I asked a bit awkwardly.

Henry laughed even more awkwardly and they both ran off to the washroom closest to us.

Jake POV: "God, why do I have to stutter so much in front of Daisy??" I muttered to myself, a bit too loud considering the club heard me.

Hailey giggled a bit at that.

"You manage to flirt with every girl in the school without getting flustered, but with Daisy you can barely speak without stuttering! I'm surprised she hasn't noticed yet," Zander said, laughing too.

He had been a lot nicer, and overall just in a better mood ever since he started dating Luke. I smirked and rolled my eyes as Hailey walked up to me and the others all went to do their own thing.

"Hey Jake! I, uh, just wanted to ask you something.. I didn't see you with your other friends during lunch.. did something happen?" she asked.

I stand there silently for a second, I feel like the entire club is staring at us now, confused at my reaction. "I ended the friendship, they were all being douchebags to me," I laughed a bit, hoping they wouldn't worry about it.

She looked a bit shocked, but I could sense the slightest bit of happiness in her smile.. Not a rude smile, but more like a happy that I was not friends with toxic people anymore. I smiled slightly too.

I quickly reassured her "It isn't that big of a deal, really!"

But that entire day I couldn't stop thinking about Drew. Well, one specific memory of Drew.

|\FLASHBACK TO THE FIRST YEAR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL/|

Me and Drew were hanging out at his place, we went to his room and he was showing me his new phone his parents had got him. He showed me a bunch of cool apps, until we got to one that was like a streaming service or something.

"Jakey, I was looking through here and I found something really cool!" He whispered, making sure his parents didn't hear him, "My parents said it was bad though.."

I turned my gaze from his eyes to the screen and saw a girl who looked to be in high school playing a small, wooden guitar.

"Isn't it cool, though?-" he starts, but his mom walked in at that moment.

"DREWY! Remember what I said?? About the bul-'' she yelled at Drew, stopping when she noticed me.

"Can I talk to you?? About the music?" she asked.

"Moommmmyy!" he groaned, "I was just telling him how dumb and useless it was to waste your time on hobbies like that!"

I could sense that he was a bit uneasy saying this, though.

|\END OF FLASHBACK/|

I had hoped back in middle school that all my friends would be fine with me singing, but it changed when Liam and Henry started picking on Hailey and Alexzander. Drew eventually started and I ended up joining, I was just being dumb. Drew was the first person who was ever nice to me. He was so... likeable! He was rich, serious, and I had even started liking him a bit! More than a friend, I honestly thought he was pretty hot too. I thought Drew and I were bullying them just so I- we wouldn't be the ones getting bullied..

Drew changed in high school, when Henry started crushing on Lia, and Lia started crushing on me, and introduced us to Zoey. Zoey almost instantly was in love with Drew!- No. Not Drew, Drew's money. They somehow started dating, and I gave up hope. Zoey and Lia bullied one of the members of the club.. And Drew... Zoey was a horrible influence to Drew.. He did it so much and so casually it seemed like had started enjoying it. I wanted to leave them so badly. They were all jerks.. But I felt like it was too late to leave. They had been my first friends I ever had.. I thought the club wouldn't forgive me now.. I heard Hailey's voice echo through the air, it calmed me down, then I realized it was yelling and I took a deep breath.

"JAKE!!!!" Hailey yelled once more, not in a mean tone though.

"ARGH-" I groaned, snapping out of it.

"Jake you've been zoned out for like 5 minutes!! Are you alright??" she asked.

I awkwardly chuckled a bit, "Yeah, I am, thanks for being concerned, princess."

Her cheeks turned a beautiful, rosy pink color.

"Shut up!!" she yelled at me.

I laughed a bit, I think I was blushing a bit too. I didn't like her though, I never would.

"Can you stop flirting with her for 2 seconds?" Zander complained and rolled his eyes. Hailey sighed and started talking. "You guys free this weekend? I was thinking about practicing at me and Zander's place," Hailey asked. We all ended up agreeing to go Sunday afternoon.