9 - Dear feather,

-

"Hey! How is it going Year rep? The speech planning going well?"

Chaewon tried to play the nice approach towards the situation, while she was trying to start a conversation, half of herself has already slipped through the gaps of the bookshelves ready to make a run for it. She's going to give it a shot, knowing well this is a lost from the start.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Please, Eunbi please. Oww! I can explain!"

Chaewon felt like an alligator had just clasped onto her arms. She had no chance of going against Eunbi in the first place either way, she was the one stupid enough to try and run away from the unofficial arm wrestling champion.

"I'll give you a minute."

Chaewon caught her breath as soon as her arm was let go, she checked her precious wrist for any injuries before explaining her situation to the year representative. Which didn't actually matter, since she had already heard the whole story from asking people around that area beforehand.

"Alright, I get it. Still, study hall this afternoon and detention in the evening."

"WHAT? I.. I can't miss practice?! Please please, I'll do anythinggg."

Chaewon was practically on her knees begging at this point. She really is prepare for any punishment, just not at her precious practice time.

"Nope. Or I'll have to report to the higher ups. And you know what that means."

Chaewon gulp down fear once again, and just silently followed Eunbi out of the library. She knew that if anyone else knows about the situation, her parents are going to have to come to school. And that's the worst situation that could've happened to Chaewon.

"I know now why they trust you so much now."

Chaewon was trying to start a nicer conversation, she hopes that just maybe her punishment could get a little lighter.

"Yeah because people like you keep causing trouble."

The hallways were empty, so the gentle sigh after that sentence was a little clearer. Chaewon felt nothing but guilt when she heard that, she felt like she needed to do better.

"I'll try and stop her.."

"No need. The more you tell her to stop the more tempting it becomes, Chaewon."

Chaewon understood what kind of crazy trouble she had to go though each day. And mostly it was caused by only one person.

"And don't talk, or fight. Or whatever."

Eunbi opens the door to the student council room. A blast of energy came shooting out of a greeting.

"YO! WELCOME BACK YEAR REP! WAIT IS THAT KIM CHAEWON?!"

"Yena?!"

Chaewon was halfway through the doorway and was startled over the unexpected guest.

"Be quiet."

It was said in the simplest way possible. But it works like some type of magic charm. The room was just rustling of file papers that Eunbi was looking through after that. Somehow the two trouble makers managed to play cards silently under the conference table for some reason.

"Okay, that's you both done. We were never here during this hour. And Chaewon I'll see you at the back gate this evening."

The bell rung and both of them dashed out through the doorway, blending into the crowd of people pouring out of classrooms perfectly.

"Fuckkk,"

Chaewon stopped her sprint after her brain finally processed the final sentence Eunbi said. That made Yena burst into laughter over her sulking friend that is stuck doing community service for the evening.

-

"Okay.. let's do this."

The notebook's cover fell down onto the papers like feather. She secured the fountain pen lid back into its place, before letting the notebook nest neatly underneath the cushion.

She headed for the back exit of the building, avoiding everyone's eye contact around her as she walked towards the tall gates meeting the school's boundaries. She thought coming here this later in the day no one was going to be there, and she was correct.

The calm water splashes against the rocks, a steady stream no wider than a tennis court was laid underneath a flimsy bridge. She didn't have to cross the river, the information was already sitting right in front of her.

She took out her small notepad and her phone from her pockets, along with a ruler she was already holding, scribble down important measurements that was required for the project. It took her no longer than twenty minutes, it was strangely relaxing too, her mind was elsewhere with the wind blowing away words onto the small notepad.

"If Hitomi finds out about this I'm doomed.."

The wind luckily, blew the thoughts of writing an actual letter into Minju's head. Of course she was shocked when she had realized what she did, the metal tip was lifted off the paper suddenly. Mercilessly, she tore the piece of paper out from the ring binder, but because of the immense force she had put into it out of panic, the paper ended up falling out of her hands and landed safely onto the mild river's surface.

She felt her heart dropped to the core of the earth, she didn't dare to go retrieve it either, she is not the keenest in coming in contact with the iced cold water. The only way was to pray for the water to be strong enough to destroy it somehow. She left there defeated of her own naivety, but at least she got all the information that she needed.

-

"Please can we not do this? You know what goes on there right? The seniors?"

"That's exactly why you are here."

Chaewon was complaining her way into opening the back gate to the stream, she walked across the unstable bridge with the lowest mood she could possibly be in right now.

"I'll watch you, quickly."

Eunbi stood back and crossed her arms while she watches Chaewon fill up the bin bag with empty crisp packets and cans of soda. This place was popular for the seniors to hang around during their free time, and of course it's against the rules, but who care anyways, they're going to graduate in less than months away.

Chaewon had sharp eyes, of course anything that isn't shades of dark green or brown is going to be shoved straight into the bag. Until she venture a little too far from where she was supposed to be cleaning, and spotted something shining against the amber rays.

She thought that it was a bird's feather, judging from the thinness and the small size. She got exited to go pick it up and use it as a tickle mechanism to revenge on someone who laughed at her this afternoon.

She quickly rolled up her sleeves and make her way down into the water, her ankles were completely submerged and it was on it's way to freezing, but she still carefully, picked up the piece of soaking wet paper by the edges and shone the sun onto the opaque sheet that she had found.

"And what have I found.. again.."

-