13- Hurricane

Each part in italics or ' is a time skip. This takes place in 2025, when You and Alex had been dating for four and a half years.
_________________

'The Calm Before The Storm'

'The eye of the hurricane is always sweet, calm, nice. Something to cherish and be thankful for. Do you wish you were more thankful?'

Alex slid into the passenger seat, practically vibrating from excitement. We were on the way to the first vidcon since Covid.

"Soooooooo will we be getting dinner tonight? And if so, what do you want to get?"

"Of course we'll be getting dinner, but I'll let you choose."

"Alrighty," I responded.

'Do you miss this?'

I threw open the doors and held them for Alex. We walked to our designated area as quickly as we could, only stopping to greet a few fans on the way. We ended up arriving a bit late, so we didn't have much time to admire backstage.

Alex ended up having to go get something from the rest area, so I went out by myself for the first few minutes.

There was a huge crowd, most of which there for Alex. A lot of them were still excited about me, though. But the cheers for my arrival was nothing compared to the screaming when Alex walked on stage.

The majority of our time was spent on a Q&A, but all went silent when someone asked if Alex was going to propose. I, of course, laughed it off. But Alex didn't. Instead, he turned to look at me and began to dig in his pocket.

As he stopped digging and stood up, his hand still in his pocket. The crowd was losing it.

"Could you please stand up?" He said quietly.

I did what he asked and he dropped on one knee in front of me, proceeding to pull out a small velvet box.

"Are you serious?" I breathe out.

"Y/N, " He started, opening the box.

The crowd seemed to get even louder, if that was even possible.

"Will you marry me?"

'Do you miss him?'

I sat back in the driver's seat, the ring fitting perfectly and comfortably on my finger. Alex slid into the passenger seat next to me, smiling wide. It felt like a repeat of this morning, but with a lighter atmosphere.

"I love you. You know that, right?" He spoke.

I flashed the ring he gave me a mere 30 minutes ago.

"How could I not know that? I love you too, Alex." I said, pulling out of the parking lot.

He giggled, a love-struck tone to the small laughter.

"That was adorable."

Then he became a stuttering mess.

No matter how much I complimented him he always got beyond flustered. We had been dating for four years now, but he still didn't expect it. It was, quite frankly, adorable.

'In the eye of the hurricane'

I scooped some of my food into my mouth, watching as Alex played around with some straws and sugar packets.

"Tick Tack Toe!" He said, pointing to the board he made with the straw wrappers

I picked up one of the sugar packets and put it down in one of the boxes.