20

This was going to be a long day.

Wilbur rocked back and forth in his chair in anticipation, seemingly waiting for something.

"What did you do?" I asked, ever so slightly nervous.

Will wouldn't do something to hurt me in any way, so I wasn't worried about that, but you were worried about the cheeky smile that he gave you in response.

"Come to this side of the table," His small smile grew into a grin.

"Why."

"Just- do it."

"But why?"

"Just trust me, alright?"

"Okay," I sighed, moving over to the side of the table that Wilbur was sitting at.

The booths were small, causing you and Will's arms to press against each other as you waited for the unknown. He shifted, moving his arm so  it was resting on the top of the seats, his hand now lightly touching your shoulder. He reached for the menu, pulling it towards you two. He flung it open, the other half of the menu resting on your side of the table.

"See anything you want?'

"Well, Will. I just now got to see the menu, so I don't know yet. Be patient."

He chuckled lowly, the sound being so close to your ear made your stomach drop. It was...

hot.

You didn't think you'd react this way to something that he did, but a lump formed in your throat anyways.

"You alright? You look ill..." He said, noticeably concerned.

"Uhh, yeah. I'm alright. I'll have the club sandwich."

He hummed in response, sending another chill down your spine. Why did he have to be so damn close?

"Hello!" The waitress chimed, "Can I start you two off with some drinks?"

"Uh, yeah. I'll have a coffee." Wilbur said.

"Alright! And for you, sir?"

"Uhm, I'll have a F/D."

"Alright! Coming right up. Just wave me over if you have your food order ready," She said before walking away.

"So. When's the surprise?"

"Be patient. You'll love it, I promise."

"Yeah. If I have to leave the house and then wait for forever, I better love it."

"Ayyyy, my friends!"

---------------------

I'm sorry that it's been so long! I have 0 motivation :(