21

"Ayyyy, my friends!"

"Tommy?!" You jolted, nearly hitting your knees on the table.

"Yes, it is I, Tommy!"

"Why are you talking like that?" Will said, barking out a laugh.

"No idea."

Tommy slid into the booth where you sat just a few minutes prior, across from the two of you.

"So," he gestured to Wilbur's arm placement, "You guys finally an item?"

"No." You said coldly.

Will awkwardly moved his arm away from your shoulders, appearing guilty.

"No. Sorry, I was just trying to get comfortable."

"It's alright," You said, turning away.

Betraying your desire, you could feel your cheeks heating up again.

"Ah, my bad. I just assumed because of the... you know."

"Yeah."

The table was covered with an awkward hush, no one daring to speak before the embarrassment of that incident settled.

"So..." Will began, "what have you been up to?"

"Ah, not much. Still riding off of the streaming money a bit, but I'm working on getting a job in programming. That, or making a sudden come back on Twitch."

Tommy put a sarcastic tone over the words, 'sudden comeback'. You could tell that it wasn't what he really wanted, and he didn't even think that it would work.

"Mm, steady. That's a new development in your character."

"Yeah. You could say that I've changed quite a bit."

Will smiled at the waitress that just delivered their drinks.

"Could I get anything for you, sir?" She stared happily at Tommy.

"A hot chocolate, please."

"Well that didn't change," You said through a smiling, taking a sip of your water.

"Fuck!" Will shouted, followed by the sound of shattering ceramic. He yelled out in pain a second time before jumping out of his seat.

You felt a hot dampness on your leg.

Really hot.

Like, really hot.

You jumped up as well, nearly tipping the entire table over in the process.

Dark, black coffee coated the seats that you were just sitting in. It was accompanied by large pieces of a broken cup.

"Ah! Are you two alright?!" A different waiter said, running in your direction.

"Yeah I just," Will paused, "What?"

He looked over to you, his eyes widening as he realized that you had gotten splashed with his drink.

"Are you okay?" Will seemed panicked, ignoring the pain from his burns to tend to you.

"I'm fine, it was only one leg," You assured him.

"What happened?" Tommy asked, standing.

"I have no idea," Will sighed, "I just grabbed the cup and the handle came clean off. It fell, and now here we are."

"I'm so sorry sir," The waiter exclaimed, "I can bring you a new coffee if you'd like."

"No, it's fine. I need to go home and get cleaned up."

"I do too. How about you get your hot chocolate to go and meet us there?" You added, turning to Tommy.

"Uh, yeah, alright. See you there then, I guess," He muttered, scanning over the mess.

Will reached into his pocket to pull out his wallet, wincing when he pulled out a soggy 20 dollar bill.

The waiter nervously took the cash, thanking him and apologizing once more before walking away.

At this, you and Will began your trip home.