22

At this, you and Will began your trip home.

"Sooo..." Tommy muttered, looking over your living room, "This is... nice."

"Minimal, I know," Will chuckled.

"I put away most of my decorations when this one moved in," he gestured to you, "couldn't have him using anything to cause harm to himself."

"How would I use decor to hurt myself?"

"No idea. I'm not as creative as you though, so I just assumed that I'd hide most of it."

"Fair enough," You laughed with them.

"Why not redecorate," Tommy inquired, "Now that he's ok, that is."

"I don't know. I guess I just never got around to it."

For once, you really took in the blank, beige walls of what was meant to be a welcoming living space.

"Well, why don't we do it now? Since we're all together," you suggested.

"That's a great idea, Y/N," Tommy smiled at you.

"Sounds good," Will stood, "Let's go get the boxes."

-

You groaned, doing your best to sprawl out on your twin bed.

"Why do you have such heavy decorations?"

"Well, two genuine centerpiece daggers aren't going to be light," Will smiled, throwing your blanket over your face playfully.

"Fair," You sighed, moving the cloth away from your eyes.

"Is this good night?" He asked as he sat on his bed.

"Yes, I am very tired."

"Alright then," He smiled.

He reached for the switch on the lamp but paused.

"Did my arm placement today make you uncomfortable?"

You hummed, debating on your answer.

"No, I don't think so. It was just what Tommy said, you know? Not only do I not want to date you, but I'm also just not ready to date in general."

Saying that you didn't want to date him left a thick feeling in your throat. In all honesty, you didn't know if it was true. But, what if that relationship ends like the last one? What if it ended in general, and you lost the best friend that you've ever had? What if he didn't like you, and you saying something just made it awkward?

You couldn't take the chances, so you stayed quiet after saying that.

"Ah, yeah. I get that. Just making sure that you weren't uncomfortable before that."

"Yeah."

"So... Goodnight?"

"Goodnight, Will."

He flicked the light off and the room was emptied of all illumination.

You didn't fall asleep until at least thirty minutes later, your mind drowning in regret once again. You stared into the darkness that pooled in the corners of the room, longing for what could've been.

You could still be laughing with Alex, or even happy with Will. Maybe, if you clung to Will instead of Alex all those years ago, Alex would still be alive and you and Will would be happily married like you and Alex we're supposed to be.

But, what if Will died instead? What if all of this was repeating, but it was Alex caring for you and Will was the one who laughed a little too hard while behind the wheel?

There was a life beyond this one that you craved, but you were still grateful that you at least had Wilbur by your side.

Never mind that, it was time for you to get some sleep so that you could enjoy the next day.