Chapter Fourteen

Achilles stormed out of the room with Mel calling after him.

Henry, Cal, Javier. Bring Mel to her room and make sure she stays there.

Yes, Alpha, they all replied.

Achilles switched his mindlink to Bentley. Come to my office. Now. And bring your mate.

Yes, Alpha.

His mind was boggled at the proper response before he realized how much power he had put into the command. He couldn't even think about anything other than protecting her.

Achilles picked out the phone from his desk and the paper from his pocket. His wolf growled at the sight of it and Achilles could feel his grip tighten on the phone.

Before he ruined it, he dialed the number.

"Alpha Achilles, I should have known you would be the one to call."

Achilles growled lowly, "Shut your worthless mouth and listen. I am going to find the rat you have planted and when I do expect me to have your head on a platter next."

Achilles heard a chuckle come over the line, "Ahhhh, the old Alpha Achilles is coming back."

It was like the blood started rushing in Achilles' body again as his wolf became hungry again, "You'd better be ready for what you just fucking started."

The phone smashed into a million tiny pieces as Achilles' fist closed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mel screamed at the men holding her door closed. She banged and shouted until her fists were bloody and her voice was raw.

She and Achilles had finally started to make progress and now it was all gone. Swept up like it was never even there in the first place. After all, she had told him and all she had been through she thought she finally had somebody she could rely on.

Mel's brain lit up as she realized she still had the phone in her room. She could call Jax. Mel ran over to the phone and picked it up. She saw that the line was connected.

Mel pressed the green button and put the phone up to her ear.

"-I am going to find the rat you have planted and when I do expect me to have your head on a platter next."

Mel quickly muted the phone when she heard Achilles' voice. What was he talking about? And who was he talking to?

"Ahhhh, the old Alpha Achilles is coming back."

Mel felt a weight drop in her stomach. Were the rumors about Achilles true?

"You'd better be ready for what you just fucking started."

The line went dead. Mel immediately dialed Dark Fang Pack and prayed the call still went through Jax's phone.

"Please Moon Goddess. Please throw me a bone."

The phone rang twice before Jax picked up, "Hello? Who is this?"

Jax's voice sounded rushed and confused.

"Jax, it's Mel. I need your help. Achilles has me trapped in my room and the guards won't let me out. and he just made a phone call to somebody, saying some horrifying things."

"I'm on my way to his office with Bentley right now, I'm not sure I can not go. Hearing what your saying makes me positive he will kill me if I ditch."

Mel felt frustration edge back up her, "I don't care, Jax! I need your help!"

"I get it."

The line went dead once again, and Mel sighed. It didn't seem like Jax was rushing to get to her.