Chapter Eleven

*Sexual Abuse Trigger Warning*

Mel peeked out from her window that had a view of the driveway. She watched as an expensive-looking, black car pulled in. Her parents, the Alpha pair, and the Beta pair flocked to the car.  Mel contemplated going down the stairs and seeing what had her parents and the other leader so on edge, but she was quickly reminded that was a bad idea.

"Rocco," Mel said, pulling the rock out of her pocket. "I think my mommy and dad are scared. They yelled at me a lot to not to come out of my room until they said too."

The small girl stared at the rock as if it were answering her back.

"They didn't tell me who was coming. I asked, but dad just slapped me, hard."

Mel narrowed her eyes at the rock and shoved it back into her pocket.

"I can't run away, Rocco. They'll catch me and hurt me more. I need to see why mommy and dad are so scared."

Mel focused her eyes out of the window just in time to see the car door open. Her eyes were glued as a giant, papery-skinned man crammed himself out of the car. The man looked terrifying as he stood talking to the leader of her pack. All of them were shaking in his presents.

"Rocco," Mel whispered. "I get why they're scared now."

The man, with his arms, crossed over his chest began to look around. Mel knew at that moment that he had heard her, yet she couldn't move. She watched as the man's eyes slowly glided to her window and froze on her. They were black and lifeless. Like the man had lost himself long ago and was only a shell.

Not even acknowledging her parents further, the man gave Mel the most frightening smile she had ever seen. His teeth were perfectly straight, but they were stained a deep maroon as if he had eaten paint. But Mel knew, they were not stained with paint, but blood.

Even as Mel came back into the moment she stayed as still as when she was disassociated. Not much had come back to her, but it was enough to know nothing good was coming of this.

Every nerve in her body was screaming at her to run. To run until she passed out and would never wake up. But at the same time, she knew there was no running from this.

He was coming for her because he wanted her dead. He wasn't just going to stop because she ran.

"I want to go back to the packhouse."

Mel was certain Jax and Achilles were talking, but frankly, all she could hear was noise.

She just got up and started walking. Mel didn't care if they were following her, she just wanted to go to her bed and hide.

Eventually, she shifted with no care for her clothes. She just ran until she got to the packhouse. Then she shifted in the woods and stole somebody's hidden clothes.

Everything was blurry until she got into her room. That's when the tears began to flow.

They flowed because she was scared, but also because she couldn't remember why she should be.

Mel pulled her body off of her bed and to the mirror. She looked at her puffy eyes and felt hatred seep out of her.

"Why can't you remember anything!" She shouted at herself. "Why are you so useless and stupid! People are going to die because of you!"