Chapter Seventeen

Achilles and Mel burst into Achilles' office. Jax and Bentley were standing together looking unsettled.

"Well," Achilles demanded. "What else do you need to tell us?"

Bentley cleared his throat apprehensively, "Alpha Wren wants the whole pack to come."

Achilles looked at him confused. That wasn't something they couldn't deal with.

"What else, Bentley. I can see you're not telling us."

Achilles looked from Mel to Bentley. Looking at him a second time he could see Mel was right. He wasn't making eye contact and looked nervous.

"Bentley," Achilles warned.

"She invited every pack in the United States. I don't know who is coming or how they are getting here so fast. I couldn't stop her."

Mel looked at Achilles with fear. There was ok way they would be able to sneak off and find Kasey now. Hell, they weren't even sure Alpha Wren had her.

"We need a new plan," Achilles stated.

"No shit," Jax scoffed

Achilles growled deeply, "Don't test me right now."

Jax held his hands up in surrender, "I'm just as worried as you."

Mel sat down at Achilles' desk chair. She grabbed a piece of paper and pen.

"First, we need to put out a search for Kasey. We've done close to nothing except hope that Alpha Wren took her."

Mel wrote a giant one and wrote down what she said.

"I've mind-linked warriors to meet in the gym in five minutes." Achilles said. "Gamma Brianna will take care of that. I want the perimeter searched. They'll start where she was taken and go from there."

"Gamma Brianna?" Mel asked.

"Oh, she was the one that came after you punched that mirror. You didn't meet her though," Jax said.

Mel nodded, "I'll need to meet her sometime."

"She is amazing at her job. Very strong and smart. If anybody can find Kasey it's her."

Achilles placed his hand on Mel's back and she relaxed into his touch. She felt slightly better knowing that Kasey was being looked for now. But she still felt frustrated she hadn't done this before.

"Now about the party," Mel started.

She trailed off. She wasn't sure how they could pull this off. Everybody's eye would be on her and Achilles, so there was no way they could sneak off.

"We can't sneak off, " Achilles stated. "But I also don't want just any pack member doing this."

"What about me?"

Jax stepped forward, "Nobody is going to be looking for me, or Bentley for that matter. If we snuck off nobody would even notice."

"Yeah," Bentley agreed. "Plus you know you can trust us."

"It's not a bad idea," Achilles agreed.

"Okay," Mel said. "Where will you guys look? Her land is huge."

Achilles cleared his throat. "Well, they should probably start towards the dungeons. No matter how much we wouldn't like to admit, that is where she would be kept."

Mel still felt uncomfortable. They could be hurt if they were caught. But it seemed like there was no other way to execute a plan.

"I'll mind-link with Achilles the entire time, " Bentley assured.