Chapter Nineteen

When Mel woke up, Achilles was already gone. She knew he probably had work to do and most likely some planning to do with the party. He wasn't the type of person to rest until every detail was perfect.

Mel quickly got up and threw on some clothes. She went to the bathroom and did her morning routine before rushing out of the door to find  Bentley and Jax. Mel had a lot of explaining and probably begging to do.

Figuring they'd be at the training grounds, Mel hurried down the stairs and through the kitchen. As always, eyes were on her but she informed them. More than likely they knew about the party tomorrow and we're finishing packing.

Mel wasn't sure how Alpha Wren would accommodate everybody, but according to Jax, she seemed more than confident.

Mel approached the training grounds cautiously while looking for Bentley and Jax. She spotted Jax sparring with a tall, lean, brown-haired dude. They seemed to be taking it easy on each other at the moment.

She looked to the left and saw Bentley giving orders to another group of men. They all looked tired and sweaty which made Mel cringe. She felt slightly bad for the group.

Mel wasn't sure who to approach first. Both of the men were angry, that was for sure. She figured that she might have better luck with Jax since she knew him a bit better than she knew Bentley.

She was just about to change her direction when she heard a low growl from behind her.

"What are you looking at?"

Mel turned around to see Achilles staring down at her. He had a slight frown on his face and was, to Mel's joy, shirtless.

Her eyes widened slightly as she took in his strong chest and broad shoulders. Her eyes made their way down to his abs and v line.

"You," she said.

He rolled his eyes, "No before. Don't tell me you were checking out my warriors."

Mel gave him a small smirk, "And what if I was?"

Achilles clenched his jaw tightly. His eyes flashed over to the group of men with a tinge of anger.

Mel laughed, "I'm kidding. I was just trying to talk to either Jax or Bentley to fix the mess you created."

Achilles sighed deeply, "That's smart. I'm sure they don't want to talk to me right now."

Mel flashed him a smile, "You are not their favorite person at the moment, my mate."

Achilles smiled softly at her term of endearment. He had to admit he liked the sound of it coming out of her mouth.

"I really don't want to leave you here alone though. I can't help how it makes me feel when you're around all of these men."

Mel gave him a pointed look, "As if I'm looking at them when you're standing right here."

Achilles gave her a wide grin, which she returned. She knew she would have to give him a bit of an ego boost so he would loosen the reins.

"Fine," he said. "But I'm training right over there. It's not you that I don't trust. It's the rest of them."

Mel shook her head, "I think they all know I'm you're may at this point, but if it makes you feel better, fine."

He flashed her a smirk while leaning down to her ear. He brushed the hair behind it and positioned his lips to close.

"I'm glad I'm the only one you're staring at," he whispered. "Just wait until this body worships yours."

Achilles pulled away and walked back to where he was training previously. Mel felt a blush tint her cheeks as she watched him walk away.

She shook her head to get rid of the sound of her wolf purring. Goddess, she was smitten. Even a stupid line like that could get her to blush and her wolf to purr.