Chapter Fifteen

Mel sat to the left of Achilles. His hand was placed on her thigh as if he needed to prove to anybody she was his.

"There is a rat," Achilles stated simply. "The problem is we have no idea where they are. They have information on Mel that not many people know."

"What do they know?" Bentley asked.

He and Jax were sitting next to each other. Their shoulders were touching but nothing else was.

At least some of us are keeping us PG. She rolled her eyes at Achilles without him noticing.

Achilles cleared his throat, "Well it's not that much as far as we know. All the rat knows is about Mel's past."

Bentley nodded, "Then we should make a list of people that know Mel's past and go from there."

Mel nodded, "We can start there, but with the gossip going around I have no way of knowing how many people actually know."

"Well, that doesn't matter," Jax stated, standing up. "All we need is the source. It doesn't matter who heard after that."

Jax returned with a piece of paper and a pen. He sat back down next to his mate and clicked the pen.

" Only people you directly told first, then we will move down to people that miraculously know. "

Mel furrowed her eyebrows in thought, "I told, well, all of you guys. That's really it. I don't think I told anybody else."

Achilles looked taken aback, "You must have told somebody else."

While Jax immediately popped into Achilles' mind he couldn't put together a reason for Jax doing a thing like that. Why would he try and get Mel to be Gamma if he had it out for her?

Mel started blankly ahead before she spoke, "I told Alpha Wren. She's the only other person."

Everybody looked shocked. None of them could think of a single reason Aloha Wren would do something like that. Then again, none of them really knew Alpha Wren.

"When did you tell her?" Jax asked.

"I told her the night of The Alpha Summit."

Achilles sighed, "That gives her plenty of time."

Mel felt her heart sink. It had to have been Alpha Wren. Nobody else could have possibly shared this information. Her idol betrayed her.

"We need to cut off all contact with her," Achilles stated firmly. "Anybody heard mentioning her will be brought to me from now on. Have all of the warriors listening in. Got it? We have no idea what her plan is or who she has working for her."

"What about Kasay," Mel asked. "Alpha Wren could have her."

"That would mean that she has somebody inside our pack too, "Bentley said. "How else would she know that Mel and Kasey were talking?"

Achilles sighed deeply. Why couldn't he just find his mate and have everything go normally? Instead, he had to fight with every fiber of his body to make sure she stayed alive. But he would be damned if he let her go.

"Okay," Achilles started. "We need to make up a need to meet with Alpha Wren. Then we can find a way to search the land. We need to be convincing. She can't suspect anything."

"We could say we need to redefine the terms of your alliance?"

Achilles looked at Jax, "We just did three months ago."

Jax rolled his eyes, "I'm trying here."

"You're doing great," Bentley assured, rubbing Jax's shoulder.