chapter 15

Theo had seen the library in his dreams, he knew Evyana really liked this place , liked being here, surrounded by books, she even happily interacted with people,  a thing she otherwise dreaded. The library wasn’t too exquisite , it was simple , the librarians desk at the very front , made of a dark wood at which a computer sat, he knew it was another contraption which was fairly common here, after the cell phone. He’d seen Evyana work on it.

                 Then there were desks again made of darker wood , with chairs surrounding them. The books were stacked in shelves in rows, behind the desks. They were different shelves for different genre of books , Evyana headed lead them to the occult section , which she thought might help , she handed them the books which Theo and Adrian took to the desk to read. They had a long way to go. After handing them the books , Evyana headed to the counter , to start her work .

                Theo barely understood what she’d done at the computer , occasionally a person would come, to either return a book , or get a new one , a boy had come to use the computer , the library had two of them , placed at the far end, after the reading area. Adrian and Theo were pouring into books to focus on much else , they took time off for lunch and got right back to searching.

                      It amused Theo how , the creatures , that were commonly co-existing in his world were even questioned to be real here, some of the magical rituals baffled him, he hadn’t been up-close with magic in Eirlys , but it did seem much simpler than the one here. Adrian noted down , or either took pictures what he seemed might look helpful , Evyana also had joined them for a while, when there was a lull in the on comers.

                       She’d soon went back to arranging books though , and before they knew it , the sun seemed to set and it was time to head back home . It caught him off guard, how he’d addressed Evyanas house as home, but it did seem comforting , another thought came to his mind, that maybe , it seemed like home , because she was there. 

                        They found nothing of importance , Evyana wondered how they’d get him back. She liked having him around, it wasn’t that, it was just that Eirlys seemed more in need of him. The three of them headed back , there was plenty of time for dinner so they’d decided to wander around a bit in Adrians pick up, fresh air would do them all some good. Evyana turned on the music and she sang , her heart out, Adrian joined in at times and Theo just sat next to her amused. His eyes radiated content and joy when he glanced at Evyana.

                 She realised that , it’d been a long time , since she was this happy, truly happy and peaceful , they’d decided to go to the clearing where they found Theo to watch the sunset. Evyana knew, she’d miss all this when he was gone, she’d remember it fondly, but she wanted something to remember these days by,  a proof that this actually happened and wasn’t just a dream , so they clicked pictures.

                  Theo had no idea what they were doing so he’d just smiled or stared at Evyana in all of them, Adrian had clicked pictures of the two of them, staring at the sunset, they did look amazing together . The three of them headed back , once the sun had set and night started to settle in. They had dinner together and Adrian decided to head back home. Evyana was in the kitchen taking care of the dishes and Theo joined in , helping her dry them .

          They stood next to each other in companionable silence. It was equally rare , for him away from the chaos of his world the peace made him feel fortunate and for her, the ghosts of the house seemed to have vanished, in his presence the silence didn’t haunt her. He realized her book , the one she’d written about her dreams was still in her room, and it seemed to have slipped all of their minds but he still wanted to read it . Wanted to know how she’d pictured Eirlys , how she pictured him.