chapter 21

Evyana had returned to dinner after her and the queens talk, neither of them mentioning it. Asena and Dorian were no where to be found , Theo sat next to her as he stuffed himself with everything that was within reach, Evyana had noticed now , that he ate heartily and didn’t restrict himself at all , she didn’t either, but her appetite was no where near his . The mural seemed to gain her attention every time and she made a point to ask someone about it soon .

             The conversation turned to her training, and Theo bragged about her progress , she could see the king and queen intently listening to every word of his , through her, they didn’t have to bear any icy silence or pointed answers .

Dinner was over soon and she walked to her room to find Asena waiting outside, “You missed dinner.” Evyana started “Little Red walk with me.” was all Asena said as she started leading her out, Dorian stood at the end of the stairs , his sword sheathed in a scabbard .

“ I want you to meet someone .” Asena said as she and Dorian let her through the secret passage way out of the castle , Dorian handed her a sword too and Asena carried her own. “ Fret not , you are safe .” Dorian assured her. 

                             They led her through the forest , the whispers now felt almost natural to her , the trees casting shadows around, sometimes gave her an illusion that they were being followed, but it was just them. They seemed to walk for a while, before they reached an archway, which was made up of curved trees , it seemed like it was almost hidden in plain sight. Asena proceeded towards it, while Dorian stood close to Evyana but a little side ways “Amadrya” Asena spoke her voice loud , a woman walked out of the Archway, her hair green like the leaves , her eyes seemed to change color from green to yellow to brown.

She was stunning Evyana had no idea why they’d brought her here. Amadrya stepped close to Evyana , Dorian had his hand at his sword  , Amadrya looked at him with disdain , “ You wouldn’t be here, if I didn’t want you here.” was all she said to him, “ Seer, this one reeks of a tainted blood line.” She said to Asena almost distastefully. “You reek of stale moss!” Evyana retorted , Dorian smirked and Asena smiled at that “ She’s a fiery one.” The tree nymph spoke.  “ She can sense the forest.” At Asenas words , something seemed to shift in Amadryas demeanor . “ She’s not even from this world!” Amadrya exclaimed. “ It doesn’t matter anymore.” Asena said somberly . “ Fine , call for me , when the time comes.” With this the tree nymph disappeared into the Arch way. 

                         Asena knew her work was done, “ What just happened?” Evyana asked clueless . “ We just made an ally.” Dorian replied. “ Weren’t they already fighting ?” she asked. “ The magical creatures retreated into their habitat since the abductions began , and they fight , but not alongside us, they fight only for their own. A few of them do wander freely and fight alongside us , but the majority of them don’t .” Asena explained.

Evyana knew , she was missing another important point, but right now, the information she received was more than enough to keep her brain occupied . Dorian and Asena exchanged glances behind her back , they knew the risk they’d taken was a huge one, but they also knew, the news would now spread among all magical folk , allying them to their side , in hope that they had someone who could find the source. Evyana was still completely unaware , they knew it was a daunting responsibility , but they had faith in her . Soon she would find out about it too.