chapter 3

Evyana had gotten back from work , throwing her backpack on the rug, she dived on the couch ,the setting sun casting shadows in her living room , the plain walls made it feel like the house lacked any personal touch, if it weren't for the couch and the rug and the coffee table she'd brought from a garage sale , her living room , would give the impression that the house was abandoned. She pulled the curtains and turned on the lights. The day wasn't particularly tiring , being a librarian never tired her , still somehow today she felt a bit uneasy , today , something felt different .

The dreams of course were a nightly occurrence and the dream she'd had last night was what had her thoughts in a tailspin . She'd had Adrian over the day before and they'd dinner together and talked about life and also her book, she'd told him about it . What she hadn't told him was that she'd dreamed it too, she didn't want her best friend to think she was a lunatic , she sometimes questioned herself but she could perfectly tell the difference between her own reality and the dream. Evyana had grown attached to Theo over the period of time and had learned that the older man was called Dorian.

She sometimes imagined Theo being a part of her life, but soon discarded that thought , she wasn't so lucky when it had come to relationships ,if you could even call it that. Most guys either had an idea of her that they wanted to chase and when they realized that's not who she was they'd left , and some were plain jerks so she'd totally given up on the idea of romance except in fiction , in her poetries she'd written about the love she longed for and one day hopefully have. The next thing was Theo . She'd given it extensive thought ,but she'd seen the guys and girls he generally went for , he never had any lasting relationships, none that she was aware off .

In the dreams it was just a casual roll in the hay every time. Her insecurities though still peaked every single time she saw him with someone else , she knew she had no right to and he wasn't even aware of her , but her feelings got the best of her . They were all tall and lean and either had too translucent skin or had a dark skin tone , none like her, none even close to her , oh that's not it some were fairies, mermaids even both the men and women and all of them were exquisite, their hair perfectly in place , their features so beautiful it seemed like they were a painting come alive . She couldn't even compare ,she didn't even want to because she knew she stood no where near them , before her insecurities and her inferiority complex could take her over completely she decided to write down the dream she'd had , that night , she was still at her job and it was almost lunch time ,so she'd write first and then she decided to have her lunch , she left the library as her fellow employee took her place and went to the park taking her lunch and her backpack with her she'd sat down the cold wind a nice reprieve from her suffocating thoughts , she opened the book and let the dream flow.

Dorian placed the book on the bedside table , attempting to get the little boy to sleep, the kid hadn't slept yet, demanding for another bedtime story , "Fine, the last one though." He said sternly , picking up the book he read.

The child clapped his hands gleefully , and Dorian couldn't help but smile. " There lies a , pool so bright and pure, amidst the deepest of forests , hidden by all mundane and magical eyes alike. In the heart of a mountain , the magic rests , the source that no one can trace , they could only await it's call. It only calls out to the worthy , ones with evil intentions , for them only terrible outcomes will befall......" he looked up as he heard sounds of delicate snores , the child was asleep.

Dorian closed the book and kissed him goodnight as he made his way down stairs. Theo was sound asleep now, and would probably be up at the crack of dawn . There were times when Dorian had to leave the kid alone, the times when their kingdom was under attack by Cadocs forces . In Eirlys the people defended their lands against the enemy , such was their culture. When he'd come back Dorian taught Theo , everything that was fit for a warriors upbringing ,that was how they'd spend their days . They lived in a cottage at the far end of a village , and earned their bread by farm work , he made sure though that Theo was well versed, with the royal education. Dorian wasn't too keen on diplomacy and he'd known little about the royal upbringing , but he'd make sure , that Theo grew up a great warrior and a good man, fit to be king .

The dream didn't make sense to Evyana not when she'd written it and not now either when she was home , after writing it, she headed straight back and thought about it the entire day, it just seemed bizarre . She didn't even know , why Dorian would teach Theo what a king needed to learn. The dream wasn't like the others . This one seemed to be of the time when Theo was little , Dorian seemed younger too, no grey hair yet, the lines on his forehead just starting to form . The thing was she was terribly scared of the dreams .

She couldn't control them and she knew nothing about them either , the thing with her was that she'd learned filtering out her problems as she grew up, it didn't solve them and it wasn't that she was spineless . That girl , could walk hell with a frown and a few tears but she could do it and she'd come out the other end bearing a smile. She just didn't want to deal with it right now. This was her escape and she'd let it remain so till she could. It wasn't the healthiest of coping mechanisms, but it's all she could do to keep herself sane .

At home, she'd been too restless too do much , so she put on a movie , warmed up some left over pizza and settled in for the night . Long after her movie was done and her plate was empty, she sat at her desk to write, the movie was good and had inspired her to write , so she started and she must've been too tired to even realize , because as she put her pen down. She woke up in Eirlys.