chapter 25

They were in the forest, a part they’d never seen before, it wasn’t surprising for Evyana, but Theo had never seen this before either, and he thought he knew Eirlys like the back of his hand, except the dark lands Cadoc had taken for himself.  Evyana felt the forest , reverberate with energy here too , only more magnified compared to when she stepped foot in Eirlys , she could tell the source was close , “ Do you feel it?” she asked, her voice filled with awe, her eyes seemed to be glazed over as she walked . Theo had no clue what she spoke of, but he followed ,now that they were here they had no other choice but to accept what lay ahead.

                   Evyana could feel the thrum as the she walked ahead, it was just out of reach , the forest opened up into a clearing and there it was, an iridescent light glowing and reflecting along the clearing, the light was floating, high above them . She undoubtedly knew this was the source . Theo was silent behind her, she turned around to find him at the end of the clearing , unable to get in, she could see him trying his best , she realized then , that there was no sound around her except for the thrumming of the power of the source . She was about to run to Theo , when she felt immense power surge through her, nothing in sight except for the iridescent light. She couldn’t feel her body , only power, her feet levitating , above the ground she stood on merely seconds ago. 

                          He tried hitting the barrier but nothing changed , he called out to her but it was almost as if she couldn’t hear him, she walked into the clearing and the barrier had closed , like it only wanted her to enter, they weren’t even aware of the barrier. Evyana kept walking till she saw the source and realized his absence , she was about to walk towards him when the source seemed to engulf her, he could see she was in the center of the source , the light surrounding her, raising her along with it her body floating hair flying  , she looked breathtakingly beautiful , terrifying almost. It all lasted a few moments and then her eyes glowed , she was floating for a while, before her feet touched the ground , gracefully , the source was now within her, she blinked and her eyes were back to their dark brown color ,but now they lacked warmth , now they lacked the distinctive quality that made her , herself and he knew when she looked at him, that she was different.

A flick of her wrist and the barrier fell apart. Theo knew she was still there, the moment she smiled at him , his fear of her being over powered by the source still present.

"We should get back to the castle." she said , her voice still her own, but radiating with power , Theo knew she was right, they had to get to the castle before Cadoc and his armies did much damage .

         She waved her hand and a portal manifested behind them , he just stood there coming to terms with what just happened , when she looked at him with raised eyebrows “ You do remember that you have to step in.” she said , her tone light and teasing .

“ Yeah” he replied as he held her hand and stepped in. 

                          They both ended up in the Great hall , it seemed more ominous this time , rather than intimidating , she remembered the first time being here, it seemed like a different life time now. The windows were open , letting in the sounds of the ongoing battle ,it must’ve taken them more time than they realized as the battle was on going in full force it seemed. They’d expected as much , but facing it, was entirely different .

         Theo rushed to open the door , to find the corridor flooded with knights and magic wielders, he dodged a particularly menacing blast and slashed through his enemy. Evyana was supposed to be at his heels , but he couldn’t quite pay attention amongst the throng of on going fights , knights and fighters next to him fought and dodged blows and attacked the enemy. He then heard a loud blast, to find Evyana in the court yard , taking down two Giants and a troll with her magic.