Ch 16: Hot Springs

Some NSFW sexual content in this chapter, but nothing too intense.  I will mark the sections with ****  for readers who do not prefer this content.  Don't worry, you're not missing any of the story if you skip it.

————

As soon as the words were out of her mouth she regretted them.  What was she thinking?!

A game of truth or dare between friends at the age of 7 or 8 was one thing.  The dares were something along the lines of, "I dare you to eat this caterpillar" and the truths were more like, "What are you afraid of the most?" and then hilarity ensues. 

Kali had never been to a party where teens her age had been playing spin the bottle, or truth or dare. But she heats that games were a little more personal. 

A game of truth or dare between a 19 year old girl, and a boy of the same age...who were already struggling with their attraction for one another,  could become very personal indeed. 

Her heart raced and she spoke first, sounding steadier than she felt, "Who should go first?"

The response was Kiden's surprised laugh.  So, he really hadn't anticipated her to agree. "I suppose I will go first.  Do I just ask the question?" 

Kali nodded, and then, feeling stupid, remembered that it was dark and he couldn't see her.  "Yeah, you just ask me truth or dare, and then I pick which I want to do - then you respond according to that."

"Very well, Kali," he said, his voice pitching low into an overly mischievous tone, "Truth or dare?"

She laughed softly, imagining him wiggling his fingers in a mock evil villain fashion. 

She flushed, feeling suddenly like a coward, "Truth."

"Hmmm..." She imagined him stroking his chin, thoughtfully, "Do you think I'm handsome?"

Kali huffed a breath nervously at the boldness of his question and ran an embarrassed hand over her face.  The water she soaked in was beginning to feel cool on her face....

"Yes." she answered. 

He wasn't going to make this an easy game for her, it seemed.

"Now it's my turn.  Kiden, truth or dare?" she asked in the same mock villain voice that he used.

"Truth," His tone was nonchalant.

She asked the first question that popped into her head, one that ate at her."What about me do you find so....interesting? As you've put it."

There was a beat of silence, and all she could hear was the rippling of spring water, and the drips of condensation falling from the stalactites above. 

"You're so bold, and honest.  You're not great at hiding things, and it's plain to see in the way you react, but that's not bad.  You're so beautiful and pay no mind to social customs. I don't think there is a power in this world or the next that can contain you."  

She could feel the hard pulse of her blood through the length of her limbs at the response, unsure of what to say next. 

So he filled in the next bit, knowing it would make her laugh, embarrassed, "And of course how stunning you are.  I cannot forget that part."

She did laugh, and he took his turn.  She felt a little more confident this round, so she chose, "Dare."

"Ohhh, I see why your people found this game so fun," Kiden said excitedly, and she could hear the grin in his tone. 
"I dare you..." he paused, "to howl like a wolf for 30 seconds as loud as you can."