thursday, july 14th, 2022; 6:37pm
16 hours and 23 minutes until flight home

unfortunately, the time to pack up again had come. the week flew by in what felt like a second, but i guess they say that time flies when you're having fun for a reason. i began packing all of my clothes away, leaving out an outfit for the plane ride tomorrow, and choosing to tackle my toiletries later. i heard the familiar buzzing of my phone and smiled prematurely, hoping i would see tommy's name pop up on the screen.

tommy
have you guys had dinner yet tonight?

y/n
no, why?

tommy
you guys should come over

one last hurrah :(

y/n
i mean, i'm sure they'd love to

but don't you want to just have some time alone with the group?

you won't get to see each other for a while :(

tommy
you guys ARE part of the group.

my heart fluttered and i sighed happily.

y/n
fine :)

but only if you and the others are sure

tommy
i already talked to them

they want you over just as much as i do

y/n
then we'll be over in a few minutes :)

when we got let into the house, the aroma of home cooked food was in the air, naturally leading us up to the living space on the third floor. niki and wilbur had been cooking pasta together - or, rather, niki was cooking pasta and wilbur was providing comedic relief. makayla and annalise made their way over to the pair, makayla offering to help a very grateful niki.

there was energetic music blasting over the house's speaker system, severely contrasting the cloud of sadness that had come over everyone since our last time together. the thought of having to leave in just a few short hours wasn't seeming to drag anyone down, though, because everyone was dancing their hearts out to the music. tommy quickly found me amongst the others and grabbed my hand, raising it above our heads.

he spun me around by that hand and took my other hand when i was facing him again, both of us dancing together, our laughter and that of others drowning out the little bit of melancholy that was left.

the playlist was a good mix of different songs and genres. i entered the house when dancing queen was playing, and the next song on shuffle was one i recognized as being from glass animals, to which i heard karl yell "oh dream!"

an upbeat instrumental song was next, and tubbo and fundy started jumping and dancing around the room. "terra swoop force! noxcrew!" tubbo said.

one of my favorites was the time warp from rocky horror picture show, to which tommy, tubbo, ranboo, and i all danced together using the lyrics that depicted the dance.

that was one of the only times i could remember where i was just having pure fun. normally, my head was clouded with anxiety and worries, even if only in the very back of my thoughts, but that day i felt happy, at peace with myself and everyone else. i was dancing with some of the best people i had ever met, the fastest friends i had ever made, and it just felt... right.

when dinner was finished and ready to be served, we all sat around the long table. clara was on my right, makayla and annalise sitting next to each other across from her. tommy was to my left and tubbo and ranboo were sitting directly across from us. not a single person stayed quiet for the whole dinner, everyone completely engaged in the conversation and comfortable around each other.