Meant To Be

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Another change of cover, by ShabanaTheStar

Another change of cover, by ShabanaTheStar. I know Zain wore a suit, but this is Tara's dress from Rumi's Nikah.

Thank you, Shabana!

****

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Everything in this chapter will be eventually be explained. Have patience and keep on reading!

****

SIX MONTHS LATER

Talha

"Qabool Hai." I said for the third and final time.

I signed the Nikah Nama, and the supplications were made.

I was officially married to Zoha Hamid.

These last six months had dramatically changed everything in our lives. My world had started to come crashing down in December.

****

DECEMBER

I had never expected my pious wife to have betrayed me so badly.

Our relationship had started to fall apart much earlier, when I had discovered that she wasn't pregnant at all. She had lied to ultimately delay the decision I'd made earlier, regarding our relationship: divorce.

I, being the stupid and naïve husband, had believed her. I had believed that she loved me, but she didn't. She initially did, when we first got married, but then, and I quote her, she 'got bored of me'. As she got more and more involved in my business, she started to get interested in an employee of mine, and she realised that she had married the wrong man.

She'd wanted to delay divorce in order to get more and more money from me, so that she can start off life afresh with her new beau.

When her 'beau' had gotten arrested for fraud in the scandal surrounding my company, Lamisa had confessed everything, and begged me to free him.

I'd agreed, but only the condition that we divorced, because I definitely couldn't stay with her after that, and also, that she apologised to Zain. This is how we had ended up at the bake sale. I'd contacted Marina Khalla when Zain and Amir had refused my calls, and she'd told me about the bake sale, unaware of the drama going on between us youngsters.

Lamisa had openly and genuinely apologised to Zain and Tara, and we had ended up divorcing on good terms.

It hurt, but how could I stay with a wife who wasn't loyal to me, and as per her own words, would never be loyal to me again because her heart belonged to another?