Charm

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Tara

"Zoha?"

"Zoha, beta, kahan khoyi hui hain aap?" Arzoo Aunty asked.

*"Zoha, dear, what are you thinking about so deeply?" Or, 'where are you lost [attention wise]?'

Zoha jumped as she realised that our mother-in-law was talking to her. She had been staring off in the distance, biting her lower lip.

The three of us were seated in Aunty's room, helping her pack, as she and Uncle were going back to Lahore tonight. Zain has dropped me off from our hotel experience earlier in the morning, and now he and Talha Bhai were at their respective work places.

"Aunty, she is newly married. What do you think?" I grinned.

Zoha glared at me and I high-fived Aunty. Yes, I was the girl who high-fived her mother-in-law.

"Of course." Aunty smiled knowingly. "I was often lost in my thoughts when I was newly married."

I laughed hard, as Zoha looked like she was competing with a tomato for its redness.

I really hoped that this awesome relationship lasted between the three of us.

"Arzoo!" We heard Uncle call out.

"Jin ke khayalon main aap rehti thin, woh aap ko yaad kar rahe hain." I teased Aunty, who looked as embarrassed as Zoha, as she lightly slapped my arm and left the room.

*"The person whose thoughts you had lost yourself in, is remembering you."

"You are too much!" My sister shook her head at me, before also heading out of the room.

My eyes widened as I thought of a hilarious plan in my head. A mischievous smile appeared on my face.

****

"Aap agayein hain?" I kept my gaze lowered and twisted the dupatta between my fingers, like I was shy or nervous.

*"You're here?"

"What the f**k?"  The words seemed to unintentionally slip out of his mouth as Zain looked at me like I had lost my mind, as he entered our bedroom after work that evening.

I was wearing a dupatta draped over my head, over my blue and white flannel trousers and white tank top. Sometimes I wondered why my mind was so weird.

"Are you feeling okay?" He pressed the back of his hand against my forehead. 

"Na dekhain aise. Sharam aati hai." I covered my face with my dupatta. 

*"Don't look at me like that. I feel shy."

"You feel shy by the look of bewilderment and concern?" He asked. "Because that's what I'm feeling right now." 

"Hai! Aap ki har baat mujhe romantic lagti hai." I tilted my head back, looking up at him, fluttering my eyes.

*"Oh! Everything you say sounds romantic to me." 

"You didn't have some medication that made you high, did you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Sadqay jaaon. Kitne handsome hain aap, Ma Sha Allah!" I put my hands over my face.