Missing You

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Tara

"Tara?"

I was sitting eating cookie dough ice cream in the living room of my parents' house, early in the afternoon the day after the boys had left, when Zoha walked in, looking unsure.

"What's up, lovely?" I asked.

She sat down on the sofa beside me. "What would you do if someone says something really awful and untrue about you?"

I frowned. "Who hurt you? Tell me and I'll teach them a ducking lesson." 

"Calm down. I'm just asking." She rolled her eyes. 

"Well, I'll give them a sweet smile and tell them to shove their opinions up their own rears." I grinned. "You should try that."

"Can you ever imagine me telling anyone that?"

I burst out laughing. "If it's someone who knows us, they'll get a frickin' heart attack." 

She looked at the TV screen thoughtfully. 

"Talha Bhai didn't...?" I asked, even as I didn't believe it for a second.

"Of course not!" She looked at me, almost defensively. "He would never!" 

The grin returned on my face. "Acha ji? You know him so well already?"

*"Is that right?" 

Her cheeks turned pink. 

"Aww, you're so cute, Zoha." I reached forward and pinched her cheek and she slapped my hand away.

Suddenly, her phone was ringing and she glanced at the caller ID. A smile appeared on her face and her eyes widened slightly. "I have to take this." She said as she dashed out of the room.

"Hmm...I wonder who that could be?" I said to myself, with a giggle.

Actually, come to think of it, Mr Zain Iftikhar, you should be calling me too!

But he was probably too busy checking out the super-luxurious cars of the UAE.

What is Tara in comparison to cars? I sighed dramatically. God, I'm a Drama Queen even in my own head.

I got up to take the empty bowl into the kitchen, wondering if our baby was going to be as dramatic as I was. 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated, and I almost dropped the bowl in a rush to get back to the coffee table to grab it.

<Shohar (Hubby): Missing you, Trouble. It's a little too calm and quiet without you. Where's the chaos and the drama?!>

I laughed out loud.

<Tara: How dare you? I'm offended!>

<Shohar (Hubby): Babe, for you, this is a huge compliment!>

I shook my head. God, I miss him.

Not that I would ever admit it out loud to him. He would tease me about it for the rest of my existence, if he found out.