The Trust Between Us

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Zoha

"Zoha phans gayi tumhair baaton main? Dramay ka end ab nazdeek hai, Talha.

*"Has Zoha been trapped by your words? The end of the drama is near, Talha."

The words kept ringing in my head over and over again. I felt sick just thinking about them. Every part of me was desperately wishing that they weren't true. 

But the part of me that had been so deeply hurt by Abdul Rehman was crying out internally, already feeling shattered over yet another potential heartbreak. But if I faced pain from Talha, I would not be able to survive, because the love I felt for him was already much more than what I'd felt for Abdul Rehman.

No, I can't just automatically assume Talha's guilt...especially not after the night we'd had. He did not seem like the kind of guy who would use me like that for whatever twisted purpose.

But then again, Abdul Rehman hadn't seemed like that guy either, and look how that turned out.

Why had Lamisa called Talha just now and said those words?

The bedroom door opened and Talha walked in, carrying a tray of breakfast. "Assalam Alaikum, Mrs Talha." He gave me a warm smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Walaikum Assalam." I watched as he set the tray down on the coffee table at the other end of the room, near the sofas. "Your phone was ringing, so I answered it."

"Oh? Who was it?" He looked up briefly, before turning his gaze back towards the breakfast tray. 

"Lamisa." Her name left a sour taste inside my mouth.

He looked up, startled. "Lamisa? My ex, Lamisa?" 

"She didn't wait to see if it was you who answered the phone or not, and she just started talking. She asked if I was trapped by your words, and she said that the end of the drama is near." 

To give him credit, the look of confusion on his face seemed genuine. "I have no idea what the means, Zoha, trust me." 

"None of this is making any sense to me." I said. "Her calling you, today of all days, right after we..." I took a deep breath. "It's barely Fajr in the morning there and she called to say that, so randomly? I'm confused." 

"Zoha, look, I know how this looks, but I have no idea why she called." He came over to stand by the bed, looking down at me. "Don't you trust me?" 

"As you know, I trusted someone before." I met his gaze. "And clearly that did not work out well for me." 

He sat down facing me. "Zoha, she cheated on me. I loved her and she shattered my trust in a billion pieces, and that trust cannot ever be repaired again." He put his hands on my cheeks. "I love you, and I am loyal to you." 

"When was the last time you spoke to her?" 

"I haven't spoken to her since the day our divorce was finalised." He looked directly in my eyes, and there was truth in there.

"Why is she doing this to us then?" I whispered. "Why call and say all this? How did she even know that I was going to answer the phone?" 

"Let's find out." He grabbed his phone and went to the recent calls list and dialled the unsaved UK number. He dialled the number and put it on speaker.

"Talha?!" Lamisa answered almost immediately. "You hung up so abruptly, but I can understand! You were in shock, but I knew that you were going to call me back!"