Chapter Fourteen

"Tony! What are you doing?" Steve yelled, walking to the sink.

"Cleaning the dishes," I murmured, looking down at the plate I was holding in my soapy hands.

"You're doing this wrong." Steve gapped, and I slowly lifted my head from where I was staring down at the half-cleaned plate.

"How am I cleaning wrong?" I asked slowly, and Steve huffed, grabbing the plate from my hands.

"Jesus, Steve! I was cleaning that!" I snapped, and Steve scoffed.

"Wrongly." 

I blinked several times, mouth hanging opened before repeating, "Wrongly? How the hell do you clean dishes wrongly." 

"You do it like...this!" Steve hissed, scrubbing at the plate the exact same way I had.

"That's how I was doing it!"

"No, it's not. You did it like this." Steve's muscles flexed as he scrubbed harder, and I took the plate from his hands.

"I was doing it like this!" I sneered, and Steve took the plate from me once more.

We passed it around several times until the plate slipped from our soapy fingers and shattered on the ground.

"Great," Steve huffed.

"This is why you should let me fix the dishwasher."

"I never said anything about not fixing the dishwasher!" Steve argued.

"I'm busy! I have a company, or don't you remember. And a baby!"

"I don't have a baby?" Steve frowned, pointing at himself. 

"That's different!"

"How it is--you know what, this is just like our bedroom!" Steve snapped, and I gasped.

"What is the point of folding underwear!" 

"You're setting a bad example for the kids!"

"Yeah, because Peter's gonna mosey on into our room, open our underwear drawer, and say, 'wow, Dad doesn't fold his underwear so now I'm going to go snort a line off someone's ass!'" I snapped.

"He might!" 

"Do you even know what 'a line' is?"

"Cocaine, Tony. I know what cocaine is. We had in back in the good ol' days!" 

"Oh, and I'm the bad influence," I argued.

"I did it for medical reasons," Steve defended.

"Sure, sure. You know what, with the way you're washing the dishes you might still be on it! Huh, Steve, do I gotta get Bruce to give you a drug test." 

"God, you are so annoying."

"I'm annoying? You just barged in here and started yelling about how I wash dishes wrong! Dishes, Steven!"

"Why did I marry you again?" Steve shook his head, and I raised an eyebrow when I saw the tip of Steve's lips rise.

"Because I said yes." I scoffed. "Why when you have a hard day you have to come in and take it out on me."

"Because you were washing the dishes wrong!" Steve yelled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Jesus Christ! Just go to your room and fuck out the tension already! Steve obviously doesn't like that Fury is sending him on another mission at the end of the week, and this is his way of telling you he is going to miss you," Clint yelled, and Steve and I both looked at him.