Chapter Thirteen

Tony’s POV

“Okay, keep your eyes close,” I mumbled, pushing Steve out of the elevator.

“Tony, I can’t really open my eyes with my tie around them.” He said, and I kissed him before lifting the tie from around his eyes. 

“Ta-da!” I said, and Steve gasped at the roof of the tower.

I had spent all morning stringing pink-tinted lights around the roof, and I placed fifteen flower bouquets, with 365 flowers each, all around. There was a small blanket sitting on the ground and the same basket Steve had used for our first date sat in the middle. Inside was the same chicken pasta recipe Steve had made, the same type of wine, and the same chocolate cake. I had staged the projector off to the side so we could watch The Lord of The Rings like we did on our first date, and then I had several condoms stashed away in my pocket so we could continue with that tradition as well. 

 I moved the rose I was currently holding in my hand forward, and I stepped in front of Steve. “Each rose is for every day we’ve been married. Roses mean love according to the website that popped up first,” I smirked when Steve chuckled lowly. “So I got roses for every day I’ve spent loving you and you loving me. Then 535 sunflowers represent the time we were together before we got married because you brought the sunshine back into my life.” I took a deep breath, pointing at the food and blanket. “This is the same food you made on our first date, and the projector is set up with The Lord of The Rings. Do you, do you like it?” I wondered, and Steve turned to me, gently holding the rose I gave him in his hand.

 “I love it,” he sighed, placing the rose down on a table holding two vases, and he took a step forward, wrapping his arms around me. “It’s beautiful, baby.”

 I sighed, letting my tense shoulders relax, and I wrapped my arms around my husband. Steve softly petted my hair, and I leaned up to press a kiss to his jaw. Steve leaned his head down, so I could reach his lips, and he pressed several delicate kisses against my lips. 

 “Happy Anniversary,” he mumbled, and I pressed my lips against him for a longer kiss. 

 My hands slowly snaked into his hair, and I scratched my nails against his scalp. I Steve’s warm hands pressed against my sides under my suit jacket, and I sighed into his mouth. Steve’s forehead bumped into mine, and I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck. 

 “Happy Anniversary,” I said, parting the kiss, and Steve took my head.

 I brought him over to the blanket, and Steve sat down, holding his arm out so I could snuggle into him. I pulled the food basket closer to us, and I grabbed the wine and two cups out of it. 

 “I hope this isn’t exactly like our first date,” Steve chuckled, looking out into the city.

 “Why not?” I sat up straighter, and Steve looked down with a small laugh.

 “We argued the whole time about the debrief we had the day before. Plus, we started the date with the idea that we were getting rid of our sexual tension.” Steve reminded me, and I rolled my eyes.

“Well, the sex was so good I decided to stick around.” I shrugged, and Steve laughed.

“It was my first time.” Steve wrapped his arms tighter around me, and I laughed.

“You were so panicked when I asked you to fuck me.” I rubbed his arm, pouring us a glass each of wine.

“I wouldn’t have asked for another last, first date.” Steve held his glass up, and I clicked the rim of my against his.