Chapter Two

Kelsey’s POV

“Are you excited for Wakanda?” I asked Caymen..

“Of course I am, Uthando (Love).” Caymen smirked at me, and I nodded.

“Shit! Shit! Shit!” I yelled as I saw that I was about to drive off the Mario Kart board.

I quickly turned the wheel I made for my controller, and I sighed when I was back in the middle of the road.

“You’re gonna be a horrible driver.” Caymen teased, and I flipped him off.

“Wanna know the coolest thing we’re gonna see when we go to Wakanda?” Caymen asked, and I looked over at him.

“What?” I wondered.

“Well, it’s Ukukhetha inkosi or the choosing of king. So, we get to see T'Challa beat someone's ass.” Caymen smiled, and I nodded.

“Or T’Challa get his ass beat.” I reminded, and Caymen snickered.

“That’d be fantastic if only T’Challa didn’t need to become king.” 

“Are you going to do the Ukana…”

“Ukukhetha inkosi.” Caymen said, and I took one hand off my controller to wave my hand.

“That thing.”

“No. I told my Mama I didn’t want to.” Caymen answered.

“Cool.” I then crossed the finish line and let out a cheer.

“Ha! Beat you again!” I boasted, and Caymen rolled his eyes.

“I let you win cripple.” He hissed, and I smirked. 

“Sure you did, your highness.”

There was then a knock on the door, and Caymen got up to let whoever it was in. I saw Dad smiling on the other side of the door, and he leaned against the frame.

“How you kiddos doing?” He asked, and I looked over at Caymen nodding my head.

“Pretty good.” I smiled back at Dad, and he walked into the room to see what we were doing.

“Mario Kart.” He snickered. “Don’t tell your Uncle Clint or Bruce you are playing this. We might have to lock everyone in separate rooms like we did a few years ago.” Dad scoffed, and I looked at him with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

“Don’t ask.” 

I let out a little laugh, and Dad smiled at me. He then looked over at the screen again, and he clapped his hands together.

“Let’s get Caymen home with Ned, and then we’ll meet your Pop and Aunt Tasha for Shawarma.” Dad said, and I nodded.

“Sound good.” I watched the TV as JARVIS turned it off. 

Dad then left my room to get Peter, and Caymen got his stuff together. He carried my crutches over, his backpack slung over his right shoulder. He helped me off my bed, and I slide my foot into my slip on tennis shoe. I then started to crutch my way out of the room, and Caymen slowly followed behind me. I got into the elevator -thank God we had one. I wouldn’t want to climb down the stairs with my broken leg. I saw Uncle Bucky was already ready with a bag for Winter, and he had the baby on his hip. The elevator then chimed, and Ned, Peter, Dad, and Peggy came out of it. Dad hoisted Peggy up his hip, trying to get a better position, and he looked at my broken leg with pity.

“Hey if you wanna pity something look at my heart.” I hissed, and Dad’s eyes got even more sympathetic.

“Don’t make me feel bad Kels.” Dad rolled his eyes, and I smirked over at Caymen.