Chapter Six

Kelsey’s POV

“Are you sure you want to go?” Papa asked as he helped me into a pair of baggy, black sweat pants that had a small chain hanging on my right hip.  

“I’ll be fine. Plus, I put this whole thing together, and I really wanna see T’Challa and Shuri.” I said, and Papa sighed. 

“Okay, okay. Just be really, really careful. I don’t want you to make your leg worse.” Papa put a hand on the side of my head letting it slip down my hair.

I smiled before looking over at my closet, and I nodded my head towards it. 

“Can you get me my ‘Screw your lab safety’ shirt?” I asked, and Papa got up to get me it.

He looked down at the black shirt, reading the words, and he let out a small chuckle.

“Screw your lab safety, I want superpowers. That’s funny.” He smiled at me, and I smirked.

“You’re old.” I teased, and Papa rolled his eyes handing me the shirt.

I took off my nightshirt and slipped the new one over my head. I then made grabby hands for Papa, and he helped me to stand up. He handed me my crutches, and I placed them underneath my armpits. I hobbled over to the bathroom to put on my make-up as Papa looked through my suitcase making sure I had everything I needed. He made a satisfied hum and zipped it up.

“Let’s head out.” He smiled once I was done, and I followed him out of my bedroom.

“Did Peter already leave?” I asked when I got downstairs and saw Dad holding Peggy.

“Yeah,” He answered looking away from the spoon he had in front of Peggy.

She used that moment of distraction to flip the spoon from Dad’s hand, and it landed on his forehead. He grimaced as a line of orange mush fell down his face.

“You little stinker.” He grumbled, tickling Peggy, and she shrieked before slamming her hands down on her baby tray.

Papa chuckled, and I smiled at my dad and sister before I felt a hand on my back.

“Ready to go?” Papa wondered, and I nodded.

“Yeah.” I started out the door, and Dad called after me.

“Wait!” He said, and he rushed over to me and gave me a kiss on the side of my face.

“Have fun, smarty. I love you so much.” He kissed my face again before rubbing the top of my hair and messing it up.

“Dad,” I complained, and I placed my crutches in a certain position that allowed me to keep my balance. I re-tied the ponytail, and Dad rolled his eyes.

“You got that trait from Wanda.” He smirked, and I shrugged.

“Maybe. When are Tetya Wanda and Vision coming back?” I wondered, and Dad shrugged.

“Soon I’m sure. We might visit them in Scotland one day if you want.” Dad offered, and I nodded.

“That’d be cool.” 

Papa then nodded his head and ushered me out the door. I got into the back of his pick-up truck, and I propped my leg on the seat next to me. Papa drove to the airport, and he helped me get the bags out of the back.

“Are you sure you’re okay with going on this trip alone? You don’t have to.” Papa said, and I shook my head.

“No. I wanna go. I have to for the grade anyway, and I really wanna go. I’ll be fine. Cayman, Cameron, Mr. Nace are all gonna watch after me, and when we get to Wakanda, T’Challa, Shuri, and Queen Ramdona are all gonna be there. I’ll be careful.” I promised, and Papa sighed.