Chapter Three

Steve’s POV

There was a shift in the bed, and I rolled over reaching blindly for Tony. I heard quick footsteps going towards our bathroom, and I opened my left eye to look at the bathroom once the light turned on. I heard Tony groan before coughing something up, and I rushed to get to the bathroom, tripping on our covers on the way there. Once I got in there Tony threw up for what I assumed to be the second time. He was wearing an old shirt of mine, a hole in the bottom left corner from where Tony messes with it while he works. I sink to my knees next to my husband, and I ran a hair through his sweat heavy hair.

“Are you okay?” I whispered.

“What the fuck do you think? I just vomited three times in thirty seconds.” Tony hissed, and I sighed pulling his head into my chest. 

“You’re hot.” I sighed, feeling Tony’s forehead with the back of my hand. “Did you feel sick last night? Could be something we ate.” 

Tony shook his head, and he stiffened.

“Do you think we’re pregnant?” He asked, and I felt my eyes grow wide.

It’s not that I would be opposed to having a fourth child, but it would just be a lot. Kelsey and Peter were both in high school and superhero vigilantes, so we had enough to take care of them. Then there was Peggy that had chronic epilepsy. Also, last time Tony had gotten pregnant, he was in a coma after a month.

“JARVIS?” I said looking at the ceiling.

“I believe sir has the flu.” The AI answered, and I failed to suppress the sigh of relief.

“You don’t want another kid?” Tony asked, his voice rough and sounding clogged from his sickness.

“That’d be hard Tony.” I reasoned, and he nodded.

“Good because I have enough stress with all these little monsters running around the place,” Tony muttered, and he sniffed loudly before rubbing his bright red nose on the back of his hand.

“Let’s get you to bed,” I whispered, and I scooped Tony into my arms. 

“Can you make that chicken noodle soup thingy?” Tony asked, and I nodded.

“I can’t do it like my Ma, but I’ll try.” I smiled at my husband, lying him in our bed.

“Thanks, Hubby.” Tony sniffed, and I kissed his forehead, letting my lips linger. 

I was going to walk out of the room and get Tony some medicine when I opened the door to Peter. The only color in his face was the bright red of his nose, and he shivered wrapping his arms around himself.

“You too?” I sighed, feeling Peter’s hot forehead.

“Get in the bed. I’ll make you two some soup.” I sighed as my son coughed and leaned into my chest.

I ran my fingers through Peter’s curls, and he coughed again.

“I was supposed to talk to Mr.Harrington today about the Washington trip.” He murmured, and I looked down at him my eyes meeting soft brown ones.

“That can wait.” I kissed Peter’s temple, and I decided to check if Peggy was awake before I went downstairs.

“Peggy,” I whispered as I entered her room, and her little head shot up from where it was in her crib.

I smiled walking over to her, and I picked her up.

“Good morning, Pumpkin.” I smiled, and Peggy smiled back resting her head on my shoulder.