Predestine

25 Dec, 2021

Pandora

My face hit the floor and I felt a chill down my body. I felt my bare skin brush against the ice as I struggled for air. I slowly opened my eyes and looked upon the cold, desolate room, with ice for its floors, walls and roof. There was but a single, copper door with a frozen glass circular window near the top of its arch. Across the glass and through the ice I could barely see a face peering in at me, but I knew who it was. I knew Liam had thrown me in here and was now jeering at the thought of being rid of me. Soon his wish would be fulfilled.

This never would have happened if we just treated Liam better last year. Then, he would have been fine. If Felucca and I didn't decide to fuck in his room, he would have never gotten mad at us. He would never have stormed off at Christmas. Chris would never have died. Liam would never have spiralled and joined the cult.

It's all our fault...

I wrapped my arms around me, trying to stay warm as I shivered. Liam stepped aside, and Bojan entered the view, grinning maniacally. And then I saw Felucca's face behind the glass. My heart sank, and each time I closed my eyes I slipped in and out of consciousness.

~~

3 Mar, 2009

Tom

"Suck my dick." I answered as my dare to Eve.

I meant no offense by it. In the orphanage if you said something like that to a pretty girl it was like a sign that you wanted to go out with them. Andre would have understood, but he ran away before we got old enough to do stuff like that. That being said, he's a good guy. He's the only reason I'm out of the orphanage right now. He built himself a career out of nothing except help from a couple of the friends he met, and was able to 'adopt' me last year, allowing us to be roommates.

Everybody swarmed on me as soon as the words left my mouth, and soon I was outside walking back home. Andre ran up to me shortly after and questioned me about why I would say that. I explained to him, and I could tell that he was at least somewhat understanding.

"You know what?" he asked. "I'll help you get with Eve, as long as you help me get with Bunny."

"Bunny?" I winced. "Isn't she with that Liam guy?"

"Yeah," he answered. "But I've wanted her for longer, trust me."

"Andre, I don't think I'm okay with breaking them up," I breathed. "And if I'm being honest I want to get with Eve genuinely. Sorry, mate, but I'm gonna have to say no."

Andre's face completely changed, from a sly smile to an infuriated grimace. "I want you to move out," he panted. "You have a month's notice, as required. After that I never want to see your miserable fucking face ever again."

With that he stormed back to the party, and I turned back around and kept walking.

31 Mar, 2009

Today is Andre's birthday, and one of the last days I have before I have to move out. He told me to hide in my room or something, he didn't want Bunny to see me. So when she came, I did just that, and watched through the door crevice.

A little bit after she got there, however, she explained that she got a call from Pandora revealing that she was adopted. She said she had to rush over there, and Andre understood. But I saw an opportunity.

I followed her to her home, and noted the address. A little bit after that, however, Liam stormed out, got in his car, and drove away. Eve rushed out a little later, apparently trying to chase Liam back in. But instead, she saw me.